Chapter 11

"Evil Wizard!"

Wave stopped in his tracks and rolled his eyes before looking back. He found Aria running in his direction. They were going to the library to attend their club duties. Aria convinced him that they would go together since they both had the same destination. To her surprise, he agreed easily, but did not mention it.

She had been calling him that nickname since Claire's play. Wave didn't mind. Even being with this girl, he didn't really mind since that day. Normally he would, but there was something different about her that aroused his curiosity. Why didn't she hate him like the rest?

When she finally reached him, they continued to walk to the library.

"Why didn't you join the math competition?"

"Why not?"

Disappointed with his answer, she gave him her usual flat eyes. To make him spill the real reason, Aria kept her eyes on him. But the boy wasn't even bothered with the gaze the girl was giving.

He wouldn't budge. And so, she gave up staring. But that didn't mean she completely surrendered. As previously established, if Wave was a tough nut to crack, Aria was a more stubborn squirrel.

"Punn wants to join in every competition. I overheard earlier."

"You and your prying ears."

"Hey!"

Wave raised his brows as if asking what was wrong with what he had said.

"As I was saying, shouldn't you help him?"

"He didn't ask for it so I won't. Besides, he's the one who put all those dishes on his plate. He should be able to eat them all."

Finally giving up, Aria sighed and shook her head. Boy, he sure was really hard to convince.

°°°

Aria ran back to the library after passing her progress report to Mr Pom. There wasn't much growth, as usual, she admitted. If only she could easily use her potential without fainting, she would most probably be able to utilize it every day.

As she ran, her gaze accidentally caught a person on the rooftop of a building. At first, she didn't notice it. Not until the realization hit her.

There was a student on the rooftop!

Aria looked up once again and her eyes weren't playing with her. There really was someone on the edge of the rooftop!

It was a he. And even though Aria couldn't see his face clearly, she already had an idea of who the student might be. With his black long-sleeved shirt, she was pretty sure it could only be Punn.

In fear that if she yelled, Pun might be startled and eventually fall, Aria ran to the top of the building instead.

And when she arrived, she was already panting hard, gasping for air. But there was no time to rest. Punn could fall anytime!

And in a blink of an eye, he jolted.

"Punn!" she called as their Head Student struggled to keep himself on the edge.

Horror infiltrated her body and her knees almost weakened at the sight. But before they could buckle, she ran to him and grabbed his shirt. With her help, he jumped down onto the floor and they both fell on their butts.