Chapter 62

The sun fell and darkness spread throughout the skies. Aria, Wave, and Pang sat in silence inside the Gifted boys' dorm room waiting for some people.

Pang still couldn't get used to the scene happening adjacent to him. His two friends, who used to be at least a metre or so apart from each other, were then inseparable; sitting side by side, hands clasped by each other.

They were waiting for their friends. Before dinner, they were trying to come up with a plan against the Ministry, with Pang telling them the details the Director told him and even Time's status. Aria had to admit what she knew for she wanted to keep her promise; no more secrets and only the truths. She couldn't do that if she wouldn't speak of it or lie about it.

A clicking noise was heard before the door opened, turning the trio's heads in the direction. It was Ohm and Mon. But both of them didn't seem too pleased that they were summoned.

"Did you call everyone here?" asked Wave, looking up at his friend.

Pang sighed. "Yes, except for Punn. He has chosen which side he is on." That, the couple witnessed. "And Claire, I don't want to put her in a difficult position."

"The twins said they didn't want to be involved anymore," said Ohm, sitting on the nearest bed, directing the attention to him.

Mon chose to remain standing.

"All of us here are enough," the mastermind of the plan said after sighing. "I have important information to share with you. I met the Director. He told me everything. The Ministry leaked our story, which is not good for us. We need to stop this before it's too late."

"I don't think I can help you, Pang," said Mon in a hush, tired tone, her voice breaking. "What happened to Korn is too much for me."

"But Mon-"

"I'm sorry."

None of them could do anything but let Mon go. They'd be unfair if they didn't let her out, but they let Claire. Besides, Mon had gone through enough. She almost lost a friend. That felt like a limb of hers had been taken off and not replaced.

"Then, there are four," Wave counted, reminding Pang of how little force they had.

"Two, not four," Ohm corrected, looking at his old pal's eyes, stating his lack of desire to join their cause. But two? "First, I thought it was fun doing this with you guys. But I've been thinking, and I don't know. I'm not sure if I am or will be enjoying it." There were only a few instances where Ohm was serious about something, but it was still weird seeing him like that. "I love you, Pang. But you need to accept that it's not the same."

"Ohm," Pang pleaded, eyes tearing up, losing his hope bit by bit, "you are my friend."

Ohm stood up and went to his friend, but did not proceed to be a foot near him. "Text me if you're free and want to hang out." He faced the only girl in the room. "Let's go, Aria."

Her posture straightened as she looked baffled at Ohm, before looking at Wave and then proceeding to Pang.

"Don't get involved in this much more."

But Aria couldn't. She couldn't just sit back and do nothing when she knew there was something she could do.

Her head shook as she looked apologetically at her friend. "I'm sorry, Ohm. But I'll help."

He nodded in understanding. He wanted to take his friend away from more trouble, but if she wished to go into the fire, then so be it. It was her decision to make, after all.

Thus, he made his exit after stating, "Then I guess that's three. I'll see you tomorrow."

Pang lost two people who he thought had his back. His heart could not ignore the pain it cost leading tears to form around his eyes.