Chapter 55

"You're acting off." Sol pointed his fork to his friend across from him, who hadn't uttered many words since they came down from the dormitory. "Is it about last night?"

Yes. It just hit Aria when they went back to the dorm that her friend finally found out all the secrets they had been trying to keep even from a single soul. And not to mention, Korn.

"I told you, you can trust me. I won't tell your secret even if Lily tortures me to death, I promise."

Aria chuckled, which made him break into a smile too.

"I won't let you get expelled just because I was too nosy. It's not even your fault I discovered you have superpowers."

"Shh! Lower your voice."

"Sorry!"

She sighed and reclined to her seat, finally feeling comfortable again. "It just feels weird that you know about it. Never in my life, did I expect you to."

"What can you do? I'm a genius."

"Your ego needs to be inflated, asap."

Both let out a peal of laughter that grabbed some people's attention inside the cafeteria.

"To be honest, you knowing all these shenanigans is actually a relief."

"How so?" Sol took another bite of his food.

"Because, you know, I don't have to lie to you anymore. I can be comfortable with you even if you know that I have this." She pointed to her right ear with her right forefinger, her elbows resting on the table.

"Super hearing sounds incredible."

Aria looked at him, judging her friend from head to toe. Did he seriously have to make that humourless joke?

"What? I'm serious! Imagine being able to hear what your neighbours are talking about. Even better, the answer to an exam!"

"That's just invasion of privacy and cheating."

"Still, it's cool. I want to have it all of a sudden."

"Potentials come in different forms. Mine may be enhanced hearing, but yours can be different. Besides, they have side effects that may make you wish you never had them."

Sol formed an 'o' with his mouth. "What are your classmates' potentials?" He didn't want to use the term friend. After everything Aria had been through with them, he believed they didn't deserve to be called her friend, especially Wave.

"Pang has something like mental domination but... not exactly. He can make you do whatever you want but he has to hear and or feel your heartbeat first. Namtarn can see someone or something's past."

"Now that is cool."

"Ohm can make things disappear and reappear, invisibility, and teleportation."

"Woah. How does he do that?"

Aria proceeded to tell everyone's potential. Still, they were both careful not to let any wandering ears hear them. Or else it would be expulsion for Aria. Mr Pom didn't know that Sol had discovered the school's top-secret and they liked to let it stay that way. She had mentioned everyone——even the tiniest detail of their potential. All except for one person.

"What about that Wave guy?" Sol knew he and his friend had a past. Only someone with only one remaining brain cell wouldn't piece the puzzle pieces together after seeing what he witnessed.

"Oh, Wave?"

He nodded, telling her to continue.

"Well, he's a technopath. He can control technologies the moment he touched them," she answered with a lump in her throat and a twisting stomach.