Chapter 02| Royal Guard Palace

With the small bag over his shoulder, filled with his clothes, Huang Dewei stepped inside the royal guard palace. It was a huge place with small rooms. Each room has a number on it which was given to each individual palace royal guard. Huang Dewei looked at the number which was written on his key. After Wang Wei's order, his royal secretary Cheng gave him the key to his room and showed him directions. Once he reached inside the Royal guard palace, a huge man with a muscular build walked towards him.

'Are you new here?' He asked as he looked up and down towards Huang Dewei's ordinary appearance.

'I am Huang Dewei. his Majesty's new personal royal guard.' Huang Dewei introduced himself as he smiles whereas the man just blankly stares at him.

'You are late. The dinner has been served already and now you can't have it.' The man said coldly, and Huang Dewei's smile dropped as the man started walking. Huang Dewei quickly followed him still a little taken aback by the whole situation.

'I am the manager of the royal guard palace, Bo Yong. There are few rules and regulations you need to follow as long you are going to be here.' Bo Yong spoke up as he started climbing the stairs. Huang Dewei closely followed him from behind.

'Rule 1: No women bringing to your rooms at night. Rule 2: Dinner is served at 8 pm and if you are late then you will sleep hungry. Rule 3: Lights turned off by 9 pm and Rule 4: training and practice in the morning routine starts at 7 am every day and you can't miss it. ' Bo Yong explained as he kept walking and Huang Dewei nodded his head as he understood the rules when they stopped in front of the room

Bo Yong looked back towards him and spoke up ' That's your room.' Once Bo Yong left, Huang Dewei was left alone. He stares at the wooden door whose number was saying 110. It was on the fifth and last floor of the Royal Guard palace.

Huang Dewei sighed then put the key in, opened the door and walked inside. He turned on the lights... a small room welcomed him. There was a small bed in the corner, a wooden cupboard at the side, a study table and chair in the other corner and a small window next to his bed. The bedsheet and curtain were white.

He throws the bags down on the wooden floor and was about to walk towards the window to look outside when someone knock on his door. He stopped in his tracks then turned over and walked back towards the door. He opened the door. Upon opening the door, he saw a young boy around the age of twenty-four who was the same age as Huang Dewei standing and grinning looking at him.

'I am Qi Zixin. I live next door. He heard you were coming today so thought I should pay a visit to my new neighbour and welcome you here.' Qi Zixin introduced himself and without hesitation invite himself inside Huang Dewei's room. Huang Dewei did not mind as it was better to make some friends here. He could gather more information which would be useful for him.

'I am Huang Dewei, his Majesty's new personal royal guard.' Huang Dewei introduced himself and Qi Zixin looked towards him with an impressive and envious gaze

'You must be talented to be appointed as emperor's guard to protect him. You are lucky.' Qi Zixin said in a voice filled with desire whereas Huang Dewei scowled at the thought that Qi Zixin found him lucky to be serving the emperor of the nation.

'Well, I hope I will be good enough for His Majesty and fulfil my duties earnestly. Huang Dewei said as he casually walked towards the window and moved away from the curtain. As soon as the curtains were removed, he saw Wang Wei standing far away on the ground practising his sword skills. He was far away yet Huang Dewei could see him from his room due to being on the height.

'His Majesty practice his sword skills at night-time. It is such a view to watch. He practices for hours without getting tired.' Qi Zixin explained to him as Huang Dewei looked back towards him then nodded his head and looked back towards Wang Lei.