Chapter 07| Hair Pin

Huang Dewei stepped inside his office chamber and Wang Lei looked up towards him while Huang Dewei walked towards him and stopped in front of him. He put his hand inside his robe, took out the sealed letter and put it in front of him. Wang Lei looked at him and then picked up the letter. He took out the letter and open it. He read what was written on it while Huang Dewei stood still and waited patiently. Wang Lei looked up towards Huang Dewei as he closed the letter away when his gaze fell on his arms. There was little blood on his robe. Wang Lei stood up.

'What happens to your arm?' Wang Lei asked he walked towards him and Huang Dewei looked towards his arms which had bloodstains. The bleeding has not stopped yet. He was still bleeding despite the fact he wore the new robe as well use his old robe as a bandage.

'Nothing...Someone followed me and wounded me. I don't know who that person was and neither he was able to see my face. I escaped after stabbing him.' Huang Dewei explained as Wang Lei stopped in front of him.

'Are you feeling alright?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei looked at him

'Yes, I am fine your Majesty.' Huang Dewei lied and then he did not hear Wang Lei for a few seconds. Then he heard footsteps closer to him decreasing the distance between them and then he watched as Wang Lei untie the front of his robe and took off his robe swiftly to his shoulders. Huang Dewei freezes as he felt his warm breaths near him.

'You are bleeding badly and you said you are feeling alright.' Wang Lei said as he looked at the cloth he tied on his arm filled with blood. It was a good temporary solution but not for the long term. Without asking he took the cloth off his arm and inspected his wound as he spoke up

'Your wound needs medical attention.' Huang Dewei said nothing as he stood still as Wang Lei inspected his wound.

'You need some help. If you leave your wound untreated it will cause you more pain. It is a deep cut.' Wang Lei said in a concerned tone and Huang Dewei felt his heart melt over the fact that Wang Lei cared for him.

'Okay, I will go to the doctor later, your Majesty.' Huang Dewei replied innocently and Wang Lei sighed

'You are a dumb person. The people who were behind your life would know about the wound and would go to doctors to see if someone came to them with an arm wound. Do you want to get caught?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei nodded his head in understanding that Wang Lei was right as well he was extremely smart as he shook away his head.

'Then what should I do?' Huang Dewei asked worried and anxious because he needed to go to the doctor to treat his wound. He found no other option for himself.

'Well, leave that to me. I will treat you.' Wang Lei said nonchalantly and Huang Dewei shocked looked at him at his words.

'You will treat me, your Majesty.' Huang Dewei asked surprised and Wang Lei looked towards him then sadly smile

'Do you think I don't know how to treat the wounds...I am an Emperor of the Wang Dynasty. My body is filled with wounds and marks...You have no idea how many people wanted to kill me.' Wang Lei said carelessly with a hint of helplessness and walked away. Huang Dewei stood still in his place as he deeply thoughts about his words. How complicated and sad a life he had lived? Is not Emperor suppose to live a luxurious and comfortable life? Huang Dewei thought as Wang Lei came back with a box.

'What are you waiting for now? Come and sit here on a chair.' Wang Lei ordered and Huang Dewei quickly came out of his thoughts and followed his order. He sat down on a chair at the side while Wang Lei sat down in front of him on another chair.

You will need some stitches and then I will put some herbal paste on your wound. You will be fine soon.' Wang Lei said as he explained to him like a professional doctor while he opened up his luxurious medical box.