Chapter 67| Shall we begin your punishment then? Part I

Huang Dewei was depressed lying on his bed as tears rolled out of his eyes. His heart was broken by Wang Lei's rejection. Now he was regretting confessing like a stupid idiot thinking he might feel something for him too...he regret being vulnerable in front of him. It had been five days, since his confession and not even once he come to him. The more stupidity was that like an idiot he had been waiting for him...he actually was missing him as well....he was such a stupid freak. 

His brain had been exploding with thoughts and regrets for seven days and his eyes were tired due to excess crying. He was not even feeling very well either. He got a headache and also felt he was feeling a little fever. He tried to even move when there was a knock on his door. He looked up and Feng Zhi entered inside. He bowed down as he greeted him and Huang Dewei forced himself to get up. Feng Zhi took in his presence and realised that he was not feeling well.

'Are you feeling alright?' Feng Zhi asked concerned

'I think I got a fever, but I will be fine.' Huang Dewei replied as he went through his hand over his hair

'Do you need a doctor?' Feng Zhi asked

'No, I will be fine.' Huang Dewei replied but he was looking very well at Feng Zhi.

'Do you need Wang Lei?' Feng Zhi asked and Huang Dewei snapped his head towards him. Does his condition was too visible for others to know he was actually missing him despite the fact he got rejected?

'No, why would I need him. I am fine. Tell me why you came here?' Huang Dewei quickly said as he changed the topic.

'Well, I have two news for you. One Ai Cong has been official not Emperor's concubine and she is leaving the palace today. And second, your cousin who was supposed to be coming is here. He is waiting for you. Shall I send him here?' Feng Zhi told him both news and Huang Dewei nodded his head.

'Send my cousin in.' Huang Dewei ordered him and Feng Zhi nodded his head and walked off. Since the time Huang Dewei was back, Feng Zhi was put on in charge of him to fulfil his all needs. He was like a personal secretary and bodyguard to him now. Huang Dewei got up from his bed and changed into different clothes to look more presentable and happy in front of his cousin when the door was bust opened and Xue Ming entered inside. He was extremely happy upon seeing Huang Dewei as he ran towards him and hugged him.

'Brother, how are you?' Xue Ming said and Huang Dewei happily greeted him back

'I am fine. How are you? It took you long to finally be here.'

'I know I was not here at your concubine ceremony. I was out of the city working so it took me longer to leave my other job and come. I am so happy and grateful to you for thinking of me and putting me here on a job as a palace guard.' Xue Ming said and Huang Dewei smiled and nodded his head feeling guilty that it was not actually him who put him here at work. It was his father.

'I am happy to see you here too and you know it was my father who put you here not me so thank him not me.' Huang Dewei said as he clarified since he was feeling guilty about it.

'I know but it was only possible because of you so I am grateful to you.' Xue Ming said and Huang Dewei nodded his head as he weakly smile

'But you don't look as good. Are you not happy here? Is the Emperor torturing you?' Xue Ming said as he suddenly got serious and Huang Dewei shook away his head

'No, I am fine. Everything is good here and I am happy.' Huang Dewei replied and Xue Ming just nodded his head

'If that Emperor is treating you like shit just let me know...I will teach him a lesson for you. I already fear that since you are male, they would treat you badly.' Xue Ming said and Huang Dewei just smile. Xue Ming was older than him by a year but they always have been close to each other. He had a great strong personality and always take care of people of his own. He was a hard-working, cheerful and moral character except he flirts a lot. He loves to flirt with anyone he finds attractive whether man or woman and doesn't get into serious relationships.