Chapter 53| Will your life be equally beautiful without me?

Huang Dewei was sitting on a bench in his garden in complete silence. His heart was restless and heavy with thought when he heard footsteps behind him. He looked up and saw Xin Ying standing there. They both looked at each other and greeted as Xin Ying walked and sat down next to him on the bench.

'What are you doing here?' Xin Ying asked as she softly smile. 

'Just came to get fresh air.' Huang Dewei responded. 

'I am happy to see you safe and sound.' Xin Ying said and Huang Dewei confused looked towards him

'What do you mean?'

'Don't tell me you know nothing.' Xin Ying said as she was equally surprised and Huang Dewei was still puzzled

'What are you talking about?' Huang Dewei asked puzzled. 

'The news is spread all over the palace that yesterday night, Chen Ju tried to kill you. Wang Lei caught her. That is a reason you have guards all over your residence now.' Xin Ying said as he told her the full story and Huang Dewei was shocked. He did not know anything like this neither Wang Lei gave him this reason when earlier he confronted him.  Wang Lei did not tell him and he has been angry with him all day.

'Oh...I did not know.' Huang Dewei replied still astonished. 

'Wang Lei did not tell you.' Xin Ying asked looking at his stunned face

'No.' Huang Dewei simply replied as he shook away his head.

'I understand...As much as we all find her bitchy and cold...Wang Lei cares for her. After all, they both grow up together unlike us.' Xin Ying said and Huang Dewei nodded his head in agreement because he understood what she meant and she was not wrong. Chen Ju had a soft spot in Wang Lei's heart and Huang Dewei hated that, but he can't do much about it. Now he understood why there were so many guards, but he still was angry and annoyed that Wang Lei did not tell him the reason. She tried to kill him and he deserved to know about it. It does not matter how much Wang Lei care for her and does not want to show her in a bad light in front of other people. 

'She is on a Wang Lei's watch now...She has been ordered to stay away from you and if she breaks that order, it is crime and she will receive a punishment..' Xin Ying further added and Huang Dewei was even more surprised as he just nodded his head without saying much in response. He felt relieved and some kind of pride knowing that Wang Lei still took some kind of stand for Huang Dewei in front of her. The completed stillness took place between them which was broken by Huang Dewei after a few minutes. 

'Is Wang Lei okay with you? I mean does he know about us?' Huang Dewei asked while changing the topic and trying to act not so suspicious. He was curious does he was getting revenge from Xin Yin as well just like Huang Dewei. He wonders how he was treating her.

'No, we have no discussion where he hinted that he knew about us. He knew I used to have a lover but who he never asked neither I ever told him. Why are you asking that?' Xin Ying replied as she asked inquisitive and confused.

'It's nothing...anyway you tell me how are you feeling?' Huang Dewei asked yet again changing the topic

'Great...I did not know but I have somehow come to love that unborn child soo much that I can't even imagine my life without that baby now...That's so strange and the baby is not even born yet.' Xin Ying said as she merrily put a hand over her stomach and he could feel love in her eyes and words. He somehow did feel happy for her...It was nice seeing her happy. He somehow accepted that baby and was not angry or jealous of it. I mean they were husband and wife and as much as he can't share Wang Lei with anyone else...they were still nothing....and that unborn baby has no fault. He deserved all the love in this world.