Chapter 66| Love Confession

The news of Aigue being a serial killer who was killing those poor children spread all over the Wang Dynasty like a wildfire. They found all the evidence of the killing from his place. Aigue was put into prison with the punishment of a lifetime to stay in the jail and live. Just like any other serial killer, he had no reason why he was killing...or more like not a justified enough reason. He was killing children out of his pleasure...he enjoys killing young children and he gets a high level of happiness when sees those poor children dying and begging for his mercy from him. He was simply a cold-blooded killer who had been killing children without any reason. He had been jailed a life of isolation where he can never meet anyone from this world including his family, especially his daughter. The reason Wang Wei was stopping him from investigating those kids was simply that Wang Lei guessed it right. It was because before those children were ruthlessly killed, a few of them were bought by his father for his pleasure and entertainment. His father did not wanted Wang Lei to found that out...Wang Lei was disgusted but not surprised at all.

Right at this moment, Wang Lei was sitting in front of Ai Cong who seem to be equally shocked upon hearing about her father.

'What I am suppose to be doing now, his highness?' Ai Cong asked guilty as tears started rolling out of his eyes. Wang Lei sighed as he looked up at her.

'People in the palace won't let you live here anymore...they would want you to take away your statue as my concubine and all the power you hold. There is nothing I can do for you. You can't be my concubine anymore....it is against the rules. Emperor can't have some criminal's daughter as his wife or concubine...but what I can do for you is I can provide you house to live in and money for you to live the rest of your life comfortably. If you need any help you can always come to me...you are always welcome but you can't live in the palace anymore neither as my concubine with all the power and statue. You have to live like an ordinary person now...That is the offer I can give y to you or the people in the palace tomorrow on the next royal court, will take you down and will give you nothing...they will not let you take anything with you. Also, what I can offer for the family members who are working in the palace that they have to get down from their positions, but they  can still work but they can't be ministers anymore. If that is fine with you then you can let me know.' Wang Lei said as he told her the whole situation with the offer on what he can do for her and she knew he was right. What he was giving her was still his kindness otherwise he can just kick her and her family members out and can let him live on the streets. They were nothing to people now...they lost their power, status, money and respect due to the wrongdoing of her father.

'I will take your offer.' Ai Cong said and Wang Lei nodded his head as he stood up

'Pack your staff and I will let everyone know about it. Don't worry about anything and have a good life ahead. You are free from me now hence you can be anyone else you wanted to be...you are free to be with other men. And I apologised for not being a good man in your life...I apologised for not providing you with love. ' Wang Lei said as he bowed down in front of her out of remorse and Ai Cong was shocked and speechless upon seeing an Emperor bowing down in front of her. She quickly stood up and made him stood back up

'I am guilty of my father's wrongdoing. You did nothing wrong.' Ai Cong said as she was grateful to him for accepting his mistake and apologising. It does make Ai Cong feel better. His rejection was hurtful hence receiving that apology does feel good. Wang Lei just nodded his head then he turned over and walked out while Ai Cong sat back down. She started crying again. She knew Wang Lei never love her but the power and status she got while being his concubine were still powerful enough. She lost everything today...her father...her power...her respect...her statue...her money...she was left empty-handed and all she could do was cry over her fate.