Chapter 54| Unforgettable Past

Huang Dewei stood in his room as he admired the painting picture of Wang Lei and him which they made on the night he became his concubine. As much as he does not want to admit but deep down he was extremely pleased to receive that picture. It was captivating and Wang Lei was looking, even more, memorising while standing with him. He somehow wanted to show that painting to Wang Lei and wanted to see his reaction. He thought then decided to go and tell him about the painting but once he reached his chamber, Cheng told him he was not in his room chamber and was gone out which was surprising since he did not take Huang Dewei, but then he knew Wang Lei was angry with him about his last night's words. Hence he just came to his chamber and started reading a book with the intention that he will talk to him tomorrow.

Meanwhile, after sending away Huang Dewei earlier off from the work, Wang Lei was silently waiting for Feng Zhi who came running toward him in his disguise. They were going out on their secret mission to meet the men they thought could be behind poor children killing. They both jumped out from the wall and started walking. With careful steps, they reached their destination and stopped outside of that person's small house. They both looked at each other and slowly started walking towards the door while keeping their hand on their swords. They stopped at the door and looked around and saw no one. Wang Lei slowly moved and touched the door and surprisingly it was opened. They both looked at each other puzzled and confused as Wang Lei slowly opened the door making a cracking sound and they step inside the darkness.

The inside was all dark as they carefully took their steps. Wang Lei's senses were not right as he looked around and then they felt someone moving. They both stopped as they tried to sense something in full darkness when Wang Lei felt someone right behind him. The sword came from behind but he quickly turned over and stopped the sword to harm him. The fight broke out between them in complete darkness. Feng Zhi realised what was happening as he ran towards Wang Lei and they started fighting with the man they had no idea about by just using their ears.

 They attack and he defended himself and he attacked they defended themselves... the fight was destructive and dangerous as the other man seem to be very professional with his skills as well. He was mostly attacking Wang Lei more than Feng Zhi who was trying to help as much as he could. He attacked once more as Wang Lei tried to turn over and stopped the attack but the sword went right into his stomach. Wang Lei stopped as he felt pain taking over his body when he was pulled toward that man coming face to face with him in darkness. He still was unable to see his face but he smelled like a flower...That was probably his cologne. 

'I was waiting for you...I am surprised you actually came to get me all alone without your army...If you want to catch me get Huang Dewei for me...Get your whore for me because he is the reason this is happening...Tell him to meet me and I will surrender.' That man screamed words at Wang Lei then he pushed Wang Lei away as he took his sword and flea. He ran out of the door and Feng Zhi run towards Wang Lei.

'Your highness...'

'Run after him...Get him...I am fine...' Wang Lei ordered as he pulled him away and Feng Zhi was worried. He knew Wang Lei was wounded and hurt, but he nodded his head and ran out as he followed his order. Wang Lei breathed quicker as he put his hand over his stomach. He was heavily bleeding as he tried stopping the blood. He put back his sword as he tried to move but he felt dizzy and he fell down as he slide down on the wall. The pain in his body was increasing and his eyes were closing and opening in the middle of consciousness and unconsciousness when he saw someone enter inside from the door with a candle in that person's hand. The person walked towards him and sat down in front of him as Wang Lei's eyes were getting shut when he felt that person softly touching his face. The touch seem familiar yet he was unable to recognise it...Wang Lei thought when he was picked up very carefully and that person walked off.