Chapter 62| Basement

Huang Dewei was sitting alone in the room in the middle of the night while staring into the empty space. He could not sleep as usual while Lin Han said he was gone out and was still not back. Huang Dewei sighed when he heard the same pipe sounds which he always heard from the basement. He had been ignoring those sounds before, but today curiosity peaked inside him since Lin Han was not here either.

He slowly got up from his place and walked out from his room into the small corridor. He walked using the candle in his hand as he slowly walked and stopped in front of the door. The sound had stopped coming but he still wanted to know what was inside since he was forbidden to enter. The door of the basement was locked but he was the bodyguard who had learnt few techniques on how to unlock doors in dangerous situations. He took the pin out from his hair and unlock the door with ease.

With the sound of the door cracking he entered inside and there were stairs case right in front of him. With a nervous heart, he took the steps in and started going down the stairs. He climbed down the stairs and reached inside the huge basement. He put his candle up as he looked around the whole room and his eyes roamed around every corner of the room as he stopped. He was surprised while looking around, taking another look as he slowly realised that the four walls of the room was filled with his painting. The painting Bolin talked about. He was right that he had seen pictures of Huang Dewei inside his house, especially inside his basement...he wonders how close Lin Han was to Bolin to let him inside his basement. Is there something that they missed out on? Did Bolin told the whole truth?

Huang Dewie walked around the room in surprise and stared at all those beautiful and memorising pictures of him. In some, he was dressed how he used to before he became a royal guard and then a lot of recent ones in the royal guard. Does that mean Lin Han had been stalking him for a long time? That sound scary. Huang Dewei thought when he heard the pipe sound again. He quickly turned over and walked towards the voice and right in the corner of the room there were pipes and the sound was indeed coming from those pipes. Probably due to wind. That made Huang Dewei even more surprised. That means Lin Han was not lying. Back in the mind of Huang Dewei, he can't trust Lin Han. He thought he was hiding something in the basement. He had his suspicious that the basement could be a place where Lin Han was killing those poor children, but there was nothing here. Huang Dewei look through the room twice checking for anything related to killing but there was absolutely nothing.

All he could see was his painting and the smell of paint. Then where he was killing those children? Does he have another place where he does horrendous things like murdering of innocent children? Huang Dewei was even more confused after coming into the basement. He felt something was suddenly off. He kept looking around when he heard the front door opening. Huang Dewei's heart fell into his stomach as he quickly run back up, but he was too late. As soon he stepped out of the basement door, Lin Han was standing there and he looked angry.

'What are you doing here? Did not I tell you you can't come in here?'Lin Han asked and Huang Dewei calm himself down as he responded back to him

'I just came to check the pipe sounds.' On Huang Dewei's answer and Lin Han sarcastically laugh

'Stop lying...you did not trust me when I told you those were just pipe sounds. You think this was the place where I probably kill those children.' Lin Han asked and Huang Dewei sighed

'Yes, you are right. I thought you were hiding more children down there while doing that evil act down in your basement.' Huang Dewei confessed

'Well, did you find anything?' Lin Han asked coldly as he was glaring at his innocent face

'No, all I find down there are painting.' Huang Dewei replied and Lin Han's anger disappeared as his face turned red with shyness.

'That's why I told you not to go there...that is embarrassing.' Lin Han mumbled and Huang Dewei realised that was the real reason why he stopped him because he embarrassed showing Huang Dewei his obsession with him. Huang Dewei was little taken back from his reasoning.