Chapter 75| Courtroom, Corruption, And Confession

Wang Lei nodded his head as he was carefully listening to Feng Zhi and his all report regarding Aigue. It was a courtroom hearing and everyone was present here. Aigue crime list and his punishment by Wang Lei were told to everyone who all also agreed with Wang Lei's decision. The decision regarding An Cong was also announced which everyone already knows. Some of the ministers were not happy that An Cong would receive no punishment, but then they were fine as long she was gone from the palace. For them, Aigue and his family were gone from the palace. 

'Aigue was minister of art management in the nation. Since he is gone now, Find someone else to replace him as soon as possible.' Wang Lei ordered as everyone nodded their head when one of the ministers picked up his hand and stood up. He suggested his nephew for a job, then another one stood up suggesting his son, and another stood up suggesting another family member of his family. As many options were given by these ministers and high ranking officers were all their family members. Wang Lei just nodded his head as he spoke up

'Only one person needs to be chosen and you all gave me so many options. I am not sure what to do? What do you all suggest?' Wang Lei asked as he asked everyone. They all looked between not knowing what to suggest since no one wanted to back out. Wang Lei looked around as his gaze fell on Huang Dewei sitting a little far away from him in his concubine's clothes. Huang Dewei's gaze fell on Wang Lei as well and he angrily looked away. Wang Lei started smiling. He was throwing tantrums again. Then his gaze fell on the hairpin he was wearing which was the one Wang Lei gave him yesterday and Wang Lei smiled deepen as he spoke up. 

'What do you suggest Huang Dewei?' Wang Lei said as they all looked towards Huang Dewei who was also taken back from his question. He looked towards him who was softly looking back at him. Wang Lei thought they were a way for him to talk to him whereas everyone whispered annoyed and angrily. They do not care about that guy's opinion as he might even suggest his own poor family members.

'Well, I would say make all of them submit their application and to give an exam see who is best amongst them or even advertise the job to everyone in the nation and whoever is most suitable select that person.' Huang Dewei replied and they all were horrified over his suggestion except Wang Lei. They all were angry that he suggested someone from a poor nation be given an opportunity of becoming a minister instead of just servant or guard. The poor people and their children always work under them or their children. Their rich rank children do not work under poor people. 

'That is an absurd idea.' One of the ministers angrily stood up and said as he glared at Huang Dewei as they all agreed with him whereas for the first time Huang Dewei was not intimidated by them. Wang Lei was about to speak up in Huang Dewei's favour but he spoke before him.

'How that is an absurd idea when your is equally unfair. You all people keep making your untalented families members becoming ministers leading to more corruption in the palace. This place needs more new and fresh-minded people who are smart and more loyal to his Majesty than with anyone else.' Huang Dewei snapped sharply and they all were surprised and looked at him.

'We do not agree with him.' One of the ministers said as they disagreed with him.

'Why would you agree? This way your nepotism corruption will not be hidden. Giving job opportunities equally to everyone is a fair and justice way. Every human should be given equal chance. The discrimination over statues should be excluded from the palace. At least that should be a place for everyone.' Huang Dewei replied back in a confident tone.

'Your Majesty, he is putting false crime on us for corruption.' One of the ministers said quickly as they all whispered to each other angrily like they all actually were innocent.

'Huang Dewei don't put crime charges on someone if you have no proof.' Wang Lei ordered seriously and Huang Dewei looked at him and stayed quiet. He was right about that..he can't just blame people without a proof.