Chapter 12 | Mixed Up Feeling

Huang Dewei loudly and tiredly sighed as he came out from the water. It was their break time.  Huang Dewei walked and sat down on the grass at the side. He has been working helping others clean the water for the past five hours. It was his punishment which does seem like a punishment. He was extremely exhausted but most importantly he could feel pain in his wound. It seems like his wound was wet which was causing him uncomfortableness before but now it was hurting him as well. He was trying his best not to show his pain to others.

He took half an hour's break like others and then got back to his work. Everybody worked hard and finished late in the night. It was late ten in the night when he finished. It was all dark as he decided to go back to Royal Guard Palace. He was slowly walking while holding on to his arms which was extremely hurting by now. He also felt a little dizzy as his head was throbbing with pain. He needed rest and he wanted to be in his room as soon as possible. He thought as he was walking when he remembered something and stopped. He need herbal pasta for his wound which was finished now and his Majesty would have it. He should go and get it because otherwise, his wound will only get worse.

Somehow he also wanted to see someone...someone who he unconsciously missed today because he did not see him all day. He smiled as he started walking towards his office chamber. The moon was shining brightly as his smile deepen and he stopped outside his office chamber residence. He imagined him reading a book standing next to the window...or maybe reading a file with his concentrated face. Huang Dewei thought and he entered inside. He walked through the corridor and stopped outside his office and look at Cheng.

'Your Majesty is busy with someone. He said no one disturbs him for a while. If you need to talk please wait.' Cheng explained as he relied on Wang Lei's order to Huang Dewei who nodded his head

'I will wait...I am here to get the herbal pasta.' Huang Dewei said and Cheng just nodded his head. He stood at the side and started waiting for him. He wonders who Wang Lei was meeting as he was softly pacing in the corridor for a while when he saw Feng Zhi coming towards him. He stopped at the door and Cheng gave him the same message. He also decided to wait and stood next to Huang Dewei but now there was an awkward silence in the air. Cheng stood still doing his duty while Huang Dewei's wound pain increased and it started bleeding. He put his hand over his wound and tried to be patient as Feng Zhi noticed a painful expression on his face and blood on his clothes.

'Are you bleeding from your wound?' Feng Zhi asked and Huang Dewei surprised looked towards him wondering how he knew about his wound.

'Wang Lei told me.' Feng Zhi explained after seeing the shock expression on his face while Huang Dewei just nodded his head.

'I am here to get herbal pasta. I will change my bandage once I am back in my room.' Huang Dewei replied and looked away while Feng Zhi stood still and looked towards him. He seems to be in a lot of pain. He waited and debated for a while and then he decided to speak up

'Come with me.' Feng Zhi said and before Huang Dewei could say anything, he got hold of his hand and started walking. Huang Dewei was astounded and taken back, but he just kept walking as they came out from the residence.

'Where are we going?' Huang Dewei asked when they stopped and Feng Zhi made him sit down on a bench at an aside.

'Sit here and wait.' Feng Zhi said and quickly runoff. Huang Dewei was confused but he waited for him as he returned back after a few minutes with something in his hand. He walked and sat down next to him.

'I got herbal paste for you and bandage for you...I will help you. Take your shirt off.' Feng Zhi said and Huang Dewei was amazed about Feng Zhi being overly nice with him.

'Stop looking so surprised. You are helping Wang Lei in an important mission so your health is important to me as well.' Feng Zhi said nonchalantly as he saw him surprised