Chapter 32| Unexpected Decision

' I need justice for the unfairness that happens to me, your Majesty. Your wife and mistress chopped my hair off because they said I am your whore. They did not even have proof and I denied having any sexual relationship with you, but they did not believe me. I did not spread my legs for you to please me. Hence, I don't deserve this humiliation and punishment. I need justice from you.' Huang Dewei said forwarding his complaint truthfully and the whole court burst into whispers. Wang Lei was shocked himself but then he was not. Huang Dewei was a strong brave man so standing up for himself after getting treated like this was not surprising to him, but he was angry for others to treat him like this. Filled with rage, he glared at his wife and mistresses who seem shocked. 

'Have you lost your mind? Do you have any idea what are you saying and to who?' One of the ministers screamed while Huang Dewei just kept looking at Wang Lei.

'I know I am just an ordinary slave but that does not mean I can't question the unjust that just taken place with me.' Huang Dewei replied in a strong tone in his defend

'Your Majesty, can you let everyone know we are nothing to each other.' Huang Dewei questioned asked him to clarify their relationship and Wang Lei clenched his hands as he spoke up

'Yes, there is nothing between us. Even if there was how dare you went and did that to him. Are you challenging me?' Wang Lei screamed asking Xin Ying, Chen Ju and Ai Cong who were ashamed and they all looked down.

'I don't think you should be listening to slave over your wife and concubines. You should punish him because he is here asking punishment for your wife and concubines.' Aigue, the minister of education screamed replied. Aigue was also Chen Ju's father how he let some slave say shit about his daughter in front of him. He was glaring at Huang Dewei. A lot of people were glaring at him and Huang Dewei would be making loads of enemies today.

'He is right. It was a misunderstanding and you should just forgive them, Wang Lei.' Wang Wei said as he looked at his son

'They need to ask forgiveness from him, not from me.' Wang Lei said and the royal court burst into whispers again over his shocking statement. How could an Emperor's wives and mistresses ask forgiveness from some cheap slave? Has their Emperor lost his mind?

'I don't think that is fair. How could an Emperess of Wang Dynasty ask forgiveness from some cheap slave.' This time Li Qiang, the minister of war and Xin Ying's father spoke up in his daughter's defence.

'Does slave does not have honour? I want everyone to have honour in Wang Dynasty whether it's rich or poor.' Wang Lei asked coldly and loudly from everyone in the royal court.

'No, we just think you can give them different punishment. No need to humiliate them for a slave.' One of the other ministers said

'But they humiliated him without proof.' Wang Lei replied back in response.

'Your Majesty, I think you should give him money or gold as compensation. ' One of the rich elite suggested and Huang Dewei bite his lips with anger over his cheap suggestion. He was here to gain his honour not to fill his pockets.

'Or you can offer him a high position. How about he becomes captain of the royal guard of the palace.' Another person offered a suggestion and they all nodded their head while Wang Lei thought for a while

'So everyone in this hall thinks that he only deserves their apology only if he is on their level. What if I give him equal status as them then?' Wang Lei said and everyone confused looked between each other even Huang Dewei was confused. He had no idea what Wang Lei was thinking. Wang Lei looked toward Huang Dewei as he continued speaking.

'The place of my third concubine (mistress) is empty which shall he will fulfil it now.' Wang Lei announced and everyone got shocked by his words while Huang Dewei felt his heart stop. He was shocked and stares at him whose expression was all calm.