Chapter 17 | Meeting Xin Ying

Huang Dewei was hiding behind the tree as he stared at people going in and out of her residence. He was nervous as he looked at the fat two guards standing at the door guarding the place. Huang Dewei was disguised in a woman's maid's clothing and he was extremely nervous. Wang Lei did not desire to see his face hence, Huang Dewei was all free. It had been three days since that incident and Wang Lei had not even once called him. Huang Dewei thought painfully and then he shook away his head. He was finally here to meet Xin Ying to get back to how his life was...away and free from Wang Lei. A peaceful mind without a thought of Wang Lei and a life without the existence of Wang Lei. He wanted his life to be like it used to be. 

He sighed as he carefully watched the entrance of Xin Ying's residence and decided to gain courage slowly, but with steady steps came out from behind the tree and started walking. He reached the entrance of the residence and both guards looked up at him. They saw and he tried not to look suspicious and nervous at all, but his heart was rapidly beating inside his chest. Huang Dewei knew he was good-looking and he does have delicate features so if he dressed as woman people probably won't recognise him as a man. And for this reason, he easily was able to deceive these guards at this moment because he was indeed looking like a beautiful breathtaking woman.

'What do you want?' One of the guards asked in his deep voice as he checked him out.

'I am a new maidservant for his Empress. It's my first day here.' Huang Dewei replied by changing his voice to a more feminine which he practised the whole last night. The guard looked between each other and then they let him in without a doubt. Huang Dewei entered her residence and with an anxious heart, he looked for her room chamber. He took careful steps as he reached her door and told the same lie to the female guard standing outside her door who seemed a little suspicious of him.

"We did not need any new female maid.' The female guard asked as she looked him up and down

'Well I don't know about that but I was asked to come here.' Huang Dewei lied and the female guard looked toward him thinking hard then sighed. She moved and opened her door as they entered inside thinking maybe his Empress ordered a new maid without telling anyone else about it. Huang Dewei followed the female guard inside the room. They stopped in front of Xin Ying who was sitting on a huge chair, reading a book while Huang Dewei saw her evergreen youthful face, but she did not because she was more interested in reading a book in her hand. The way she was sitting and reading a book, reminded Huang Dewei how she used to behave with him...once she was into a book, she forgot her surroundings...Huang Dewei missed seeing her like this and found it adoring as a smile played on his lips.

and then slowly he remembered someone else who also loves reading books...someone whose lips taste like heaven and Huang Dewei still could feel his tongue inside his mouth...he felt his mouth burning as Huang Dewei quickly shook away his head. He needed to stop thinking about him...he should be ashamed of himself for desiring him even after how he treated him.

'They sent a new maidservant for you, my Empress.' The female guard announced to her as she bowed down and Huang Dewei also bowed down.

'But I did not need...' Xin Ying said annoyed as she looked up but she stopped midway as soon her gaze fell on Huang Dewei. Their eyes met and even if nobody else recognised him, he knew Xin Ying did. She was stunned as she stood up while staring at him

'Everyone out. I wanted to be alone.' Xin Ying ordered and they were all surprised but then they nodded their heads and all the maids started walking out.

'You stay...' Xin Ying said to Huang Dewei who nodded his head while others were still surprised but then confused and puzzled walked out. As soon as the door was shut, he heard Xin Ying.