Chapter 71| Xin Ying's Secret

Huang Dewei walked inside Xin Ying's residence as he thought he would come and ask if there was something she wanted as a gift for the Moon festival. They were not lovers anymore but he can still give her a gift. He thought it will be a good gesture.  They were  As he entered her residence and he realised there were not many servants and maids present. They all probably went to help around with the preparations for the upcoming festival. Huang Dewei stopped in front of her door and he softly knock as he entered inside. Xin Ying who was changing inside did not hear him as she turned over their eyes met. Their eyes widen as Xin Ying covered herself and Huang Dewei quickly looked away.

'What are you doing Huang Dewei?' Xin Ying screamed  panicked and looked at him who was looking away.

'I apologised.' Huang Dewei said and then he slowly realised something. He felt like he saw something which he was not possible. But he does not want to look while she was changing. She was facing her back towards him when she heard her worried filled voice

'Don't look towards me.' Xin Ying screamed as Huang Dewei thought hard and then he slowly turned over towards her who was back was facing him

'Show me your stomach, Xin Ying.' Huang Dewei slowly said and Xin Ying froze in her place.

'Have you lost your mind?' Xin Ying screamed still not facing him as she tied down her robe. She was all covered yet she was not turning over towards him.

'Turn over towards me...now.' Huang Dewei ordered in a deadly serious tone but she stayed still as Huang Dewei walked towards her and turned her over. He was shocked and looked at her then towards her flat stomach. He felt like he was hallucinating. He dumbfounded stares at her who guilty look down. He could not even form a word to say what he was seeing

'You...you are...not pregnant?' Huang Dewei slowly let the words out shocked

'Shhh, Huang Dewei...don't say it aloud.' Xin Ying quickly said as she shushed him and Huang Dewei was so amazed at the whole situation

'You have been lying about your pregnancy?' Huang Dewei asked as she lower his tone

'Yes.'

'But why? Wang Lei is looking forward to having that child. What the hell are you thinking?' Huang Dewei said as he was getting angry and confused over her lie.

'I always felt I have no space in Wang Lei's life neither in this palace. Then I realised he likes I felt myself becoming desperate hence I lied. This gives me more importance in his life as he spends time with me and his father also got happy with me.' Xin Ying explained and Huang Dewei was shocked over her selfishness where she had no regard for Wang Lei's feelings. Xin Ying got this idea the night Huang Dewei broke the glass in the pearl garden and she got food poisoning. After realising there was something between them two, she was beyond shocked and desperately looked for something when her maid saw her vomiting the next day and teased her that she might be pregnant. She went to the doctor and found out that she just had an upset stomach but she decided to lie which she never really regret it.

'But what now? Where you are going to give a child to Wang Lei when you are not even pregnant.' Huang Dewei asked stilling to keep his calm.

'I have everything planned out Huang Dewei...just trust me and don't tell Wang Lei anything.' Xin Ying said as she begged him and Huang Dewei just stares at her as he spoke up

'I can't betray him.'

'Then why did you run off? You act like all loyal in front of me now when I know your reality.' Xin Ying snapped and raged up and Huang Dewei was shocked over the change in her sudden behaviour.

'I am sorry...I said too much but please try to understand me.' Xin Ying quickly said as she felt too harsh with him. Huang Dewei stares at her then he sighed nodding his head. Xin Ying sighed in relived too