Chapter 40| Promise

Huang Dewei was deep in his disturbed and worried thoughts after his meeting with Wang Wei and Xin Ying as he entered inside his room. His gaze met with someone he was not excepting to be in his room at this time of night. Wang Lei was lying on his bed as he own it while he was reading a book. As Huang Dewei entered inside, Wang Lei looked up at him and sat down on the bed. The candle was lit in the room while the whole room was filled with its brightness. Wang Lei was looking magnificent sitting like an Emperor under the brightly shining light which had filled in the whole room. 

'You are finally back...where were you at this time of night?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei looked at him as he spoke coldly.

'I should be the one who should ask what are you doing here, your Majesty.' Wang Lei was taken back by his tone but he could not tell him that he was here because he misses him and wanted to see him

'I came to ask about your health. How it is now?' Wang Lei said giving the most decent excuse he could come up with and Huang Dewei looked at him who was sitting waiting for him patiently. Huang Dewei felt annoyed seeing that he had no idea that Xin Ying was pregnant.

'It is getting better.' Huang Dewei said without any emotion and Wang Lei was even more puzzled by his reaction.

'Come here to me.' Wang Lei called him gently as he patted the side of the bed next to him, but Huang Dewei walked passed him and he stopped in front of the mirror.

'I want to rest.' Huang Dewei said as he looked deep in thought, Wang Lei could see his shadow in the mirror. He looked sad and sorrowful. Wang Lei got up from the bed as he walked toward him and stood behind him.

'What happen? Tell me what is bothering you?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei looked up at him from the mirror as their gaze met.

'Your father gave me money to leave and run away from here.' Huang Dewei confessed truthfully with burning rage inside him. He hurtful and pained looked towards Wang Lei through the mirror while analysing his expression. From his expression, he could tell he did not like what his father did either.

'I apologised on his behalf...That was a distasteful act from him.' Wang Lei said as he turned him around to face him while Huang Dewei looked at him

'But he is right that I am useless to you. What I can do for you when I am a male who can't provide you with children...maybe you should stop my concubine ceremony from happening. All I am good is for you to have sex with me and that's it.' Huang Dewei said sadly and Wang Lei got hold of his hand softly as he spoke up

'Do you think we would only share a sexual relationship, Huang Dewei?'

'Is I any other good for you other than spread my legs for you?' Huang Dewei said bitterly as he remembered the news of Xin Ying's pregnancy. How would Wang Lei react once he gets the news of Xin Ying being pregnant with his child? How long he would come to him once he would have his own family? Won't he forget about him once he would be busy with his children and wife? So many thoughts were running through his head.

'Why you are looking down on yourself Huang Dewei? Do you think all relationships only depend on whether their significant other can provide them with children? Relationships are more than sex and children. There is an emotional connection and support which people in a relationship provide to each other. Emotional needs are as important as physical needs are.' Wang Lei said tenderly while Huang Dewei was staring towards him. 

'Is I the one who will fulfil your emotional needs as well and not just physical?' Huang Dewei asked in surprise and Wang Lei smiled in response

'Who else would? Why you are so stupid sometimes, Huang Dewei.' Wang Lei said as he lovingly looked at him.