Chapter 39| Patch Up

Huang Dewei thought for a while then he knock and entered his bedroom chamber. Wang Lei was sitting on his chair as he looked up toward him who greeted him, but Wang Lei angrily looked away. 

'Why are you here at this time of night?' Wang Lei asked as Huang Dewei look outside which was filled with darkness. It was quite late at night

'I could not go to sleep knowing that you are angry with me.'Huang Dewei said truthfully. Wang Lei being angry with him was really bothering him. His heart was restless and his mind uneasy. 

'And who's fault is that?' Wang Lei asked callously as he did not even spare a gaze towards Huang Dewei who sighed as he replied to him.

'It is my fault.'

'Good to hear that you know that.' Wang Lei said as he closed away the file but he was still sitting in the chair but facing him this time. 

'What should I do that you won't be angry with me anymore.' Huang Dewei asked helplessly as Wang Lei stood up as he walked towards the window and then turned away from him.

'Nothing...I don't want you to do anything.' Wang Lei said simply as he looked outside the window into dark night and Huang Dewei felt he stabbed his heart. 

'I hate it when you get angry with me.' Huang Dewei confessed and Wang Lei surprised looked at him who actually seems worried and sad.

'Why? Do I matter to you that much?' Wang Lei asked little surprised

'Yes, what kind of stupid question is that?' Huang Dewei replied like he was asking a stupid question and Wang Lei sighed and then looked away back towards the window

'You matter to me too Huang Dewei. Everything you say and does affects me. That's why I was hurt you did not trust me. You should always stand by me and trust me.' Wang Lei confessed in a soft yet hurtful tone and Huang Dewei felt even more guilty.

'I apologised for hurting your sentiments. I know I should never jump to conclusions before knowing and understanding your point of view. I will be careful next time.' Huang Dewei said as he apologised and Wang Lei sighed

'I care about you, Huang Dewei...really care about you.' Wang Lei whispered gently but Huang Dewei heard it.

'I care about you too, his Majesty.' Huang Dewei said and Wang Lei turned towards him as he asked him

'More than the person you used to love before, right?' Huang Dewei was surprised by the question as well as the comparison he was making. Wang Lei knew he was comparing himself with Xin Ying and he had no idea why he was doing it.

'What?'

'I am asking do you care about me more than the person you used to love before?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei stared at him as he saw an annoyed and irritated expression on his face.

'Are you...by chance jealous?' Huang Dewei slowly asked as he analysed his expression further to conclude.

'What? No...' Wang Lei quickly said as he denied

'Are you sure? You look jealous, your Majesty.' Huang Dewei said as he took a step closer to him.

'I said I am not...stop your nonsense and just reply to me.' Wang Lei asked as he was suddenly flushed with the whole conversation

'Well my first love still has a place in my heart and I would always care for her... I mean she would always have a place in my heart, don't you think that's right?' Huang Dewei replied as playful expressions were playing on his lips. He was quite enjoying this unexpected conversation and his reaction.