Chapter 36| Shining Armour

Huang Dewei whined in pain as he felt the guard moving the carriage up and down while they were walking. It was completely dark outside as it probably had been hours since they started their journey. He was tied all inside the carriage while guards were carrying him and there were many guards walking in front and behind him for security reasons and to keep an eye on Huang Dewei to make sure he does not run off. The leader of the royal guards at the palace, Donghai was leading the group with the minister of the international affair. They both were sent by Li Qiang to complete the deal with Huizhongi between the two nations. 

Huang Dewei thought about his whole life and felt finally he reached his end. Tears filled in his eyes and for the first time, he cried. Within the past three days, he cried for his pain. From all the pain he received in the past three days, this one was the hardest. First, this one includes forever separation from Wang Lei and second, it will include a life of humiliation. He leaned back as he let himself cry and cursed his fate.

The carriage was going up and down and he was dead silent. Even if Huang Dewei couldn't look outside, he could tell they were probably walking past mountains through the forest. Huang Dewei cried himself when he suddenly felt the carriage stopping and they put him down. Huang Dewei thought they probably reached their destination sooner than they excepted and he felt he was shaking badly due to anxiety and nervousness but there was no moment happening...It was empty silence...

Huang Dewei's breath stopped unknowingly when he felt people moving outside and heard people screaming and hissing like there was a fight taking place outside. Huang Dewei stayed still in his place as he heard voices from the outside of people fighting, probably dying and running off for...He continue hearing sounds coming from outside for some time and then the lock on the carriage was broken and his door opened. He looked up towards a man covered in all blank with a mask and Huang Dewei was all confused. The man moved and reached out his hand to Huang Dewei and pulled him out. He took off the cloth on Huang Dewei's mouth and he let out a loud breath.

'Who are you?' Huang Dewei asked weakly as pulled away from here, but that man moved and started untieing him while Huang Dewei looked around most of the royal guards were dead while some of them run off and many men in blank clothes and masks were standing with their swords.

'I am asking who are you?' Huang Dewei screamed asked terrified and horrified as that man looked at him moved and took off his mask.

'Who else would be here to save you, Huang Dewei.' the man said and Huang Dewei sighed in relief seeing the familiar face.

'Feng Zhi...' Huang Dewei whispered his name who just moved and untie his arms and legs.

'I apologised for being late.' Feng Zhi said and Huang Dewei weakly smiled.

'Well, I would say you are still at the time.' Huang Dewei said as he joked to make the atmosphere light but he hissed in pain. Feng Zhi examined his wounds which were not hidden

'They treated you like an animal.'  Feng Zhi said  and Huang Dewei just nodded his head as he joked again

'I think they treated me like a whore since they were trading me as a sex toy.' Huang Dewei laugh but Feng Zhi looked at him sternly. 

'That is not a joke...Wang Lei would not like that joke.' Feng Zhi said and Huang Dewei stopped laughing as he looked around again.

'Who are these all people?'

'Do you think if Wang Lei is fighting against people inside his palace due to politics, would he will not have his own team...do you think he would be all alone without having his own loyal battlefield warriors and guards. ' Feng Zhi said and Huang Dewei nodded his head. He was surprised but then he was not. Wang Lei was a smart man. He definitely would have his own separate loyal fighter team who would work only for him, not for any rich elite or ministers.