Chapter 13 | Jealousy and Trust

Wang Lei went through his hand over his hair as he sat up on the bed. He put his feet down as his back was facing Chen Ju who smiled looked at his naked back then sat up. She covered her naked body with the sheet up to her chest and looked at him who seem distracted.

'Wang Lei...' She called out his name as she moved and put her head over his bare back and Wang Lei nodded his head in response

'You seem distracted. Is everything alright?' Chen Ju asked as she lovingly looked up towards him

'I am fine. I will be going to my room now. You should also rest.' Wang Lei said and Chen Ju quickly hold me from his shoulder and stopped him.

'Stay here with me.' Chen Ju asked softly and Wang Lei sighed

'I have work to do.' Wang Lei lied and Chen Ju pouted sadly and then she moved forwards and bite him on his neck. Wang Lei hissed in pain as he looked back towards her who smile mischievously. There was a red mark left on his neck now

'I wanted to leave my mark on you. Tonight is a special night for me, Wang Lei. Thank you.' Chen Ju said as she blushed remembering their passionate night whereas Wang Lei just nodded his head and got up. She wore back his clothes and after saying goodbye he walked out of her room. Chen Ju falls back down on the bed with a wide smile. She was happy...very very happy whereas all Wang Lei felt was regret. He felt like he just led her on while he felt nothing for her. He came for distraction because he was confused over his strange feeling towards Huang Dewei but he was wrong. He still was thinking about him...and the kiss was still printed on his mind. He quietly went back to his room and drank alcohol. That was the only solution left for him.

Huang Dewei was tossing and turning in his bed as he was unable to sleep. All of his thoughts ended over the fact that Wang Lei was with someone...his mind was struck thinking what they were doing...and how he was feeling. He felt something setting fire inside him and as much as he desperately just wanted to fall into a deep sleep he could not.

It was late at night and it was cold weather yet he felt suffocated. He frustrated got up then walked and opened the window. The cold air touched him and he felt a little relieved when he heard a knock on the door. He was flabbergasted that who could come at this time, but he walked towards the door and opened it. His stunned eyes met with the person he really did not want to see at this moment. Wang Lei was standing in his door frame.

'Your Majesty, how come you are here?' Huang Dewei said respectfully coming out from his shock and looking up towards him.

'I...I came...to change...your bandage.' Wang Lei shuttered as he walked inside the room closing the door behind him. Huang Dewei surprised looked at him whose steps were not steady at all.

'Your Majesty, are you drunk?' Huang Dewei asked and Wang Lei looked towards him then nodded his head and giggle like a kid. Huang Dewei's eyes widen when he saw him giggling because that behaviour was completely different from his original self. Wang Lei walked and sat down on his bed.

'Come...and I will do your bandage.' Wang Lei called out to him as he pointed towards a space next to him.

'I have already done my bandage.' Huang Dewei said and Wang Lei remembered Feng Zhi and his kiss as his face turned serious.

'Just come...' He ordered in his cold tone and Huang Dewei was taken back from his change of tone but then he slowly walked and sat down on the bed next to him.

'Take off...your robe.' Wang Lei ordered and Huang Dewei nodded his head then slowly took off his half robe and showed him his arm with a new bandage.

'Who... did your... bandage?' Wang Lei asked sadly as he wanted to confirm.