Chapter 46| Motel Room

The heavy rain was pouring down from the dark black sky as they both were without any umbrellas. They looked at each other and quickly started running to find a safe spot for them to stay. They ran through some streets in rain and reached the nearest motel. They decide to spend the time in the motel instead of walking back in the bad weather. The weather was getting dreadful and Wang Lei does not want to travel back in the rainy weather hence they booked a room in a motel for a few hours. Nobody recognised Wang Lei as an Emperor since he was covering himself and was not in his Emperor's clothing. 

They entered the motel room that they just had booked. They looked at the small room whose walls were painted grey and a small mirror on the wall. The ceiling above their head was mouldy and painted black. The small wooden bed was laying in the middle with an old red colour bedsheet. The small window in the corner was covered in blue curtains. The whole room was mismatched with bedsheets being red and curtains being blue like the owner put no effort to make it presentable. There was a small bathroom attached to the room but it was dirty and smell extremely foul. That kind of place was fine for Huang Dewei but it was Wang Lei's first time experiencing being in such a small and disgusting place. Most importantly the wall of the room was thin and they could hear loud moaning sounds coming from next door. 

 They looked at each other and suddenly it got a little awkward for them. They quietly walked and sat down on the bed on opposite sides. Their backs were facing each other. They sat still in complete silence as they heard the peaceful sound of rain pouring outside as well as the loud sounds of thunder and lightning. The weather got even more and they were happy that they decided to not walk back in this weather. 

'Is there something I should know Huang Dewei?' Wang Lei asked breaking the silence as Huang Dewei slowly turned his head and looked  towards him as he spoke up

'Wha do you mean?'

'You are all quiet since you heard about that mysterious man? Are you hiding something? You know that you can share with me anything.' Wang Lei said and Huang Dewei got up from his place and walked. He sat down next to him as he shook away his head and sighed

'There is nothing.'

'Are you sure? I feel like you know the man Bolin was talking about?' Wang Lei asked suspiciously as he was seriously looking at him

'How can I know that man? Did not I say to you that I know nothing then why do you keep asking that stupid question.' Huang Dewei snapped and Wang Lei was taken aback by his reaction as he saw him bite down his lips then stood up and bowed down. 

'My apologised your Majesty. I cross the line again.' Huang Dewei apologised regretfully as he stood back up while Wang Lei was seriously looking at him and then he pulled him towards him. Huang Dewei moved forward towards him as Wang Lei made him sit down in his lap this time and put his strong embrace around his waist. 

'Who is that man?' Wang Lei straight asked without giving him any more chance to make any excuse because he wanted him to tell him everything he was hiding truthfully. Huang Dewei looked up at him but said nothing

'Oh, so you are not going to tell me? Is silent your answer?' Wang Lei asked and Huang Dewei still said nothing. Wang Lei sighed frustrated while trying to keep his calm then softly grabbed his face in his hand.

'Why are you protecting him? He may be the man who is killing those poor children. ' Wang Lei said as he was not understanding what he was hiding and why he is hiding from Wang Lei. It was making Wang Lei angry and irritated. 

'Are you sure about it?' Huang Dewei asked back first time in a confident tone and Wang Lei was again surprised by his response.

'Oh, so you are now taking his sides as well which definitely means you know who we are talking about? What's your relationship with him? Tell me how you know about him?' Wang Lei asked question after question coldly and Huang Dewei stayed quiet again. That frustrated Wang Lei.