Chapter 1 - First Day of School Pt. 1

Italics is memory/dream

_____________________

TW: Slight mentions of fighting

_____________________

Chapter 1

September 1, Monday

Maeva's POV

It was my first day at this new school. I just recently turned six and am entering first grade. The younger students ran around, laughing and giggling. The older students just stood at the sidelines, talking and chuckling from time to time.

After the first three hours, it was finally break time. I sat down on the swings, looking down at my feet as wind was blowing through my poofy brown hair. All of a sudden, I was pushed to the ground, landing face first. "Ow!" I yelped and sat up to see a blonde boy with sea blue eyes around my age laughing his butt off.

I looked down, my gaze shifty, face red from embarrassment. I then felt the presence of two figures towering over me. The one with darker hair leaned down, reaching a hand out to help me up; very kind girl. I gladly took it and abruptly landed back on my feet. 

"Are you ok?" The other girl with lighter brown hair questioned. I shyly nodded, still looking down. The girl that asked me if I was ok snapped her head to the boy that pushed me earlier. His face went from laughing to straight up fear.

"I-- uh--" He stuttered out. The girl with lighter brown hair stomped over to him, shoving him to the ground. Soon, the darker haired girl went over to stop her friend from hurting the blonde boy any more. He took it as a chance to leave, which led to him quickly scurrying away.

"I'm Sienna!" The darker haired girl beamed as she turned to look at me once more, "This is Kathrin." The lighter haired girl, which I now know is Kathrin, nodded, as if as a greeting. "I'm Maeva." I then murmured, finally looking up from my feet.

*Beep beep* I groaned at that obnoxious sound and sat up, rubbing my eyes and grabbed my phone

*Beep beep* I groaned at that obnoxious sound and sat up, rubbing my eyes and grabbed my phone. It was currently 6:00. That's when it hit me, today is the first day of eleventh grade. I sighed in annoyance before finally getting up from my bed, and got ready for the day.

I took a long shower, changing from my light blue pajama shorts and white t-shirt with this weird cartoon on it to a pair of black jeans with a brown plaid flannel and a white tube top inside. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and all the other stuff and finally went outside to see my mom in the kitchen.