Chapter 12 - Sienna's Birthday Pt. 1

TW: Mentions of injuries

_____________________

Chapter 12

November 28, Friday

Sienna's POV

It's my birthday! Yay! I'd be turning seventeen. I've been dreaming of having my seventeenth birthday for so long, and that dream could finally come true.

Throughout the day, everyone had just been saying happy birthday to me repeatedly, and the people I'm slightly closer to would give me small gifts, like necklaces and earrings. Perks of being popular.

On an unrelated note, recently Maeva has been turning up to school with bruises, sometimes even small cuts. They aren't really bad to a point where it would hurt a lot, but definitely weird. She seems to try and hide them. No offense to her, but she is quite horrible at it. Luckily, the worst it ever was was when she got that busted lip around three weeks ago.

I tried to find out what happened. I would constantly ask if she was okay and stuff, and she would always say 'I'm fine'. Of course, girl code, 'I'm fine' equals to 'I'm not fine please send help'; which I am trying to do.

Without her actually telling me what's going on in her life, it's not exactly making it easy. Of course, I shouldn't pressure her into telling me anything. If she doesn't feel comfortable, she doesn't have to say anything. Kind of sad that she doesn't think we're close enough to tell me stuff like this, but it's fine I guess. *Sniffles*

Either way, back to my birthday, I would like everything to be amazing. The house was all decorated in just simple party decor in pink; and I wore my favorite dress. It was a variety of pink colors in a plaid design.

I matched it with a pale pink cropped cardigan. I also wore plain white air forces so the attention wouldn't be drawn away to my shoes. My hair was styled into two french braids with two pink pearl hair clips.

 My hair was styled into two french braids with two pink pearl hair clips

Sienna's outfit

At one point, I heard the doorbell ring. It was Kathrin and Maeva, obviously. As soon as I opened the door, the Anderson girl hastily handed the gift she bought for me, which was put into a plastic hot pint box.

The darker haired girl had a rather large box. It was wrapped with plaid green and white wrapping paper with a big white star bow stuck on top. Oh how I love plaid stuff. I welcomed them both with a big hug, being excited for today. Well, Maeva received a big hug from me, Kathrin awkwardly patted my head.

We sat down on my woodland colored couch, not being able to wait until the end to open my gifts, so I just opened them now. It's my birthday anyways, so it's my choice.

I started with the pink bag Kathrin got me. After opening it, I located a black box around the size of my phone. I slid off the lid to reveal a phone case. It was clear but had a simple frog design on it. The frog was wearing a cowboy hat that had cow prints on it and some small stars on top of that. She remembered my love for frogs!

 She remembered my love for frogs!

Kathrin's gift

Next I opened the box Maeva gave me. It was kind of sad to rip off the beautiful wrapping paper. The gift was worth it anyway. Inside contains a light pink backpack with a little white teddy bear was clipped onto the zipper. It was honestly so cute. And I was just happy that Maeva remembered my complaint of how terrible my current bag is. It is so much better than my leopard print tote bag. "Aww, thanks guys! I love these gifts so much!" I practically squealed out, while they both smiled as a response.

 "Aww, thanks guys! I love these gifts so much!" I practically squealed out, while they both smiled as a response

Maeva's gift

Maeva's face lit up slightly, as if she remembered something. "Open the bag, there is another gift inside." She held a smug look on her face as I eyed her suspiciously, since she did have a history on pranking me on my birthdays.

I slowly opened the bag, finding a small brown sack. I then untied that and dumped out three bracelets. One of them was mostly red and pink beads, with white ones spelling out 'anger issues', and a mad emoji in between the two words.

Then there was one with blue and teal beads. This one wrote 'cry baby', with a crying emoji in between the two words. Lastly, there was one green with chartreuse colored beads. This one wrote 'yuck resistant' with a vomiting emoji.

Maeva took away the green themed bracelet, putting it on. She handed the red themed one to Kathrin as she gave me the last one on the left, the blue one.

"The bracelet describes one of our worst and obvious qualities. Kathrin has severe anger issues. I cannot be anywhere near any sort of germs, to a point where I'm kind of a germaphobe. Then there is you, 'cry baby'. I'm not saying that crying is a bad thing, it's just, you kind of, well, cry just a little tad bit too much... no offense. And I made these as a sort of... friendship bracelet thing, y'know. Not trying to be cringy or anything, just thought it was cute." She explained, me fake glaring ather.

"Well I'm very offended." I joked, flicking my braided hair. We all put on the bracelets, me admiring them afterwards. "I'm never taking it off." I murmured, still looking at it. "Me neither." Maeva declared, and Kathrin hummed in agreement.

_____________________

916 words (edited)