Chapter 19 - Christmas Eve Pt. 5

A/n: So I got carried away. Wrote a bunch of stuff. Yea. I didn't bother splitting them into two chapters, also because u guys r probably tired of all of the Christmas eve chapters. Either way prepare for a long chapter enjoy!!!!

_____________________

TW: Underage drinking, alcohol, slight mentions of smoking, swearing, divorced parents, slight mentions of eating disorder

_____________________

Chapter 19

December 24, Wednesday

Maeva's POV

We went to sit at the dinner table, which we had to put two tables together to fit everyone... and all of the food; and we had a lot of food. Like a big thing of turkey, lots of mashed potatoes, a bunch of chicken wings, this gigantic bowl of salad, an enormous plate of chicken wings and... brussel sprouts. We don't talk about brussel sprouts... they suck. We all settled in and started eating.

"Kathrin, honey, why aren't you eating?" Mrs. Millers started saying, leading to my friend, who was sitting on my left, snap her head up to look at the blonde woman. "Yea?" She asked, taking a sip of her 'apple juice', which was actually beer, but only Sienna and I knew.

"Oh, uhm... I am eating. I ate one chicken wing. I just put the bones on Maeva's plate to be the annoying friend I am"." She lied. I gave her a confused look, and she just widened her eyes, telling me to go with it. "Y-- yeah. She did." I fibbed. The brunette girl snorted, which I glared at in return. I'm not that bad of a liar *eye roll*.

After a while, the doorbell rang. We all looked confused, since my mom didn't invite anyone else. "I'll get the door." I suggested and stood up, accidentally making the chair produce an obnoxious screeching sound. I muttered a 'sorry' before opening the door. I was shocked to see who was there.

"Hey dumb rat."

My eyes widened and I leaped over to the mostly bald boy. He wore a chequered brown blazer with black dress pants and a brown turtleneck underneath. I squeezed him into a hug.

"Blaise! Oh my god you're here!" I exclaimed as my brother dropped both of his duffle bags onto the ground and hugged me back. He chuckled into my shoulder as I felt my mom's presence behind me.

I let go of him so she could hug Blaise as well. I walked back to the dinner table to be welcomed with a confused face from Nate. "Uhm... who's that?" He questioned. "It's my brother, Blaise." I explained. "Why don't I know him?" He quizzed, more to himself than me. "He didn't go to our school." I continued saying, to which he responded with an 'oh' and nodded slightly.

Time skip

It has been three hours since the dinner. Sienna went home and Kathrin left some time ago to go smoke. My mom went to bed early because of how 'overwhelming it is to host a gathering'. Nate and his family left as well. Even though we literally live next door and we see each other practically everyday in school still, it was still kinda sad saying goodbye. Goodbyes are never great.

It was around 11:30. Blaise and I were putting the dishes away, cleaning the table, and spending some quality time together, since I barely saw him anymore, with him off to college and stuff.