Chapter 9 - Halloween Pt. 2

TW: Underage drinking, alcohol, swearing, possessiveness, physical/emotional abuse, slight mentions of child abuse, mentions of divorced parents, depression

_____________________

Chapter 9

October 31, Wednesday

Maeva's POV

It was 7:32. The party started like a half an hour ago, but was delayed since Kathrin just had to go trick or treating. So after her little arrow pouch thing was not just filled with arrows, which was weird enough, it also contained a bunch of retro candies that nobody eats anymore.

"Oh wow, we're here?" I sarcastically asked, to which the girl wearing the 'Thea Queen' outfit replied with a 'shut up' and rolled her eyes.

After walking in, the stench of alcohol filled my nose. A bunch of drunk people were dancing around, making out, whatever people do in high school parties, which I don't know much about because I, in fact, do not go to a lot of high school parties.

Honestly, I don't go to a lot of parties in general; like birthday parties and stuff. Now that I say it out loud, it sounds quite lame. I know, it is strange that a person who is basically kind of friends with everyone doesn't hang out with them a lot, oh well.

"Hello friends!" The familiar soft voice greeted us. My eyes landed on a girl with curled black hair with a few clumps of blonde highlights. She wore this headband with red and white glittery hearts. Her top was cropped, sleeveless and has a v-neck. It was sparkly red to tie in with the hearts on the headband. She also wore a white micro-mini skirt.

Like Kathrin, she went full in as well, adding a plastic bow and a black and red suction cup arrow. At least hers was fake.

 At least hers was fake

Sienna's costume

"Hey!" The brunette girl and I said in unison, her adding a wave. Surprisingly, Sienna wasn't that drunk yet. She may seem nice and sweet in public, but is definitely crowned party-animal queen when at one. She was probably one of the most sober ones here.

"Either way, there is a group of seniors playing truth or dare in the corner, wanna join?" The girl dressed as Cupid offered. I gave her a confused look before asking, "Isn't that a kids game?" Kathrin gave me her idiotic smirk and replied to my question. "We're in a high school party with a bunch of messed up kids, do you really think they would play truth or dare as a 'kids game'? I'm definitely joining!"

Sienna grinned then looked at me, waiting for an answer. "Uhm, I think I would have to pass. I'll go look for Oskar." I responded while Kathrin gave me a glare. "You're not looking for that jackass. You're here to enjoy yourself, being with him is going to give you an unneeded headache. C'mon, just enjoy the party without him."