Chapter 29 - Fischer Consolidated

TW: Swearing, cheating, smoking, underage drinking, alcohol, murder

_____________________

Chapter 29

February 13, Friday

Maeva's POV

It's the day before Valentine's day! Yay... not! First of all, let's have a little recap. Nate and I went back to hating each other, as I said we would. But this time, it was pure hatred. Not like how it used to be. Back when we were younger, we would say these witty insults. Now we're just ignoring each other. Whenever I saw him down the hall, he always had a scowl on his face.

Though it was my idea to stop talking to one another, it kinda broke my heart seeing how we were like right then. And for Oskar, well, we technically haven't broken up yet. Everyone still thought we were together. And he hasn't hit me since what happened a month ago with Kathrin, so that's good.

Either way, I was at my locker, getting the books for my next class. I suddenly felt someone tap my arm, which led to me immediately turning around to spot the same blonde haired boy with sea blue eyes that I have been ignoring for the past month.

"What do you want?" I sneered, glaring up at him. "Kiss me." He spoke with no emotion on his face. "Hell no!" I exclaimed, widening my eyes in shock, and furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"C'mon, it's not like we haven't done so before." The blonde boy tried negotiating. "Ok... and?" I asked, still as confused as ever. He took a deep breath and exhaled dramatically. "Your stupid boyfriend and my bitch girlfriend fucked in the bathroom, and they are both coming this way. Kiss me if you want payback." Nate explained, rolling his eyes at my hesitation.

There was an argument going on inside my head on whether or not I should do it. I mean, I don't even like Oskar. In fact I hate him, for everything that he has done to me. And same for Nate and Jessica. I don't think Jessica means that much to Nate anyways. They rarely ever talk, and when they do, Nate doesn't seem to wanna be there... as if he was annoyed about her presence. This act may allow us to end it all.

"Hey Maevy!" I heard the familiar voice of Oskar say, venom dripping from his voice. I snapped my head towards him to see the tall blonde boy's stupid smirk, followed by Jessica, flustered desperately scurrying behind him. I then turned back to Nate.

I've had enough of Oskar, and I wanted nothing to do with him. And I think I still do have feelings for Nate. I wasn't not sure, but the spark was still there. So I did it. I grabbed the back of his neck and smashed our lips together.

After the kiss was broken, I slowly turned my head to Oskar. He looked like an angry toddler, which somehow brought me joy. I smirked to myself, feeling somewhat proud. After a few seconds, I turned back to look at Nate and he had a smug look on his face.

"What?" I questioned, knitting my eyebrows together. "Well, I was wondering, d'you wanna fake date? For the sake of revenge." The blonde offered. "You just thought of that... right now?"

"Well... no. But I knew Jessica was cheating on me for a while now, and planned it." He replied, which I rolled my eyes at as a response. "Sure." I said. "So... are we on good terms now?" He asked, a hint of hope in his eyes.

I didn't answer for a moment to think about it, but soon nodded. "Well then, will you be my fake Valentine?" The blonde boy asked, chuckling slightly afterwards. "Of course." He then bowed slightly, holding a hand out. "Let's go, m'lady." Nate joked as I giggled slightly. "Why, aren't you a gentleman?" I replied, taking his hand. It was as if the past month never happened-- that we became friends just so easily.