Chapter 25 - You. Are. Mine. Pt. 2

TW: Physical/emotional abuse, swearing, injuries

_____________________

Chapter 25

January 2, Friday

Maeva's POV

"Hey." The familiar soft voice of Nate greeted me while sitting down on the grey chair beside my hospital bed. "Hi." I replied, my eyes kind of droopy from the tiredness. "How are you feeling?" The blonde boy asked, eyes filled with worry. "Like I've just been beat up." I answered, shifting positions to feel more comfortable.

His worried look got replaced with confusion. "And how would you know how that feels?" He asked as I widened my eyes. Well I just exposed myself. "What did Fischer do?" The blue eyed boy questioned. I chuckled slightly, trying to ease the tension.

"Oskar... Oskar didn't do anything. Why would you think it was him?" I exclaimed, a fake smile plastered on my face. "Well, you were only a few minutes from his mansion when I found you. What did he do?" He asked again, looking at me sternly.

I stayed silent, trying to mak e up a decent lie for him so he would not not ask about it again. But I didn't. I just simply stayed silent, trying to hold back the tears that were already appearing in my eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong? You can tell me anything." The blonde boy cooed while I leaned my head onto his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, softly rubbing my back as I sobbed, letting the tears roll down my face. As I cried I thought about every single time Oskar hit me. Every mean word he's said to me.

'Slut.'

'Whore.'

'Pathetic.'

I didn't care what Nate must've thought of me at the moment, I cried with no care in the world. I let those tears roll down my face. Tears of sadness. Tears of anger. Tears of fear. And mostly, tears of regret. Regret of ever saying yes to him when he asked me out. And for ignoring the obvious red flags, ignoring what everyone was warning me about him.

I didn't care what Oskar would do anymore. All I wanted was to be free from him. Or at least to have someone be there for me, to have a shoulder to cry on. That's why, I finally broke, and told Nate about what has been happening for the past months; all of it.

Time skip

"It's ok. You're safe. You're safe now. With me." Nate cooed, still rubbing my back reassuringly, with me leaning my head on his shoulder. I have stopped crying. My eyes were red and puffy. My cheeks were stained with tears.

"Thank you." I murmured, voice barely above a whisper. "For what?" He asked, leading to me taking my head off of his shoulder to look into his beautiful sea blue eyes. "Simply being here." I responded.

He didn't say anything. We just kept gazing into each other's eyes. A small smile broke out on his face. Both of us started leaning in. This was it. This was the moment where I could do the one thing I wanted to do since the start of eleventh grade.

As much as I wanted to ignore it, as much as I told myself not to like him-- right then, us sitting alone in the hospital room right after my very own knight in shining armour saved me from that stupid excuse of a human, I stopped doubting my feelings for him, and started to maybe... accept them.

His lips brushed against mine and I could feel his warm breath against my skin. "Oh my God, Maeva! Are you ok!" Sienna shrieked, busting through the door of my hospital room. The blonde boy quickly pulled away, awkwardly laying back into his chair.

I looked over at my two best friends, furrowing my eyebrows from the slight anger I had from them ruining my moment with the boy I have been crushing on for like... forever! Kathrin must have noticed this because her idiotic smirk appeared.

But it soon faded, noticing the big bruise on my left cheek. "Holy shit. What happened?" She quizzed, completely ignoring the fact that her face was littered with scars. "Nothing important. Now shoo, I have important matters to deal with." I grumbled.

The black haired girl had a confused look on her face while the brunette had a smug one. "Why?" Sienna asked, still completely oblivious. Kathrin rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed breath. She yanked Sienna out of the room by her arm, possibly going to get lectured for 'dragging her without consent'.

After they were nowhere to be seen, I turned back to look at Nate. "So where were we?" I asked rhetorically, while he sat up on the chair. "Hmm, I'm not sure." He joked. Then it happened. At last, we kissed. It's not like the small peck I gave him on Christmas eve. That was short and quick. It was also because we were under the mistletoe, therefore we had to kiss. Well, not had to, but rules are rules

This one was different. It was very passionate, yet mellow. It was filled with so much emotion. Even some I haven't felt before. Like... like I was in love. Yes, that's it. I was in love. I was in love with Nathaniel Stone.

After a few seconds, he pulled away, bringing his warmth with him, replacing it with coldness.

"Wow, t-- that was--" I started saying in between pants. "Amazing." Nate finished. I chuckled slightly. That overly joyful feeling stopped after I remembered Oskar and everything that has happened. All good things come to an end right?

"W-- we shouldn't have done that." I stammered, looking away as the smile on my face faltered. "What do you mea-- oh." He cut himself off after remembering about my 'boyfriend'.

"Fischer, isn't it?" The blonde boy mumbled. I hesitated for a moment but eventually nodded. "Ok, look. I will break up with him at some point. And after all of that is over, then, we can talk about this. Maybe even be together." I reassured him, which he smiled in return at and muttered an 'ok'.

"And, uhm, speaking of him. Could you please... not tell anyone about Oskar." I requested, remembering his threats. "Why not?" Nate questioned, knitting his eyebrows together. "J-- just don't. Please." I looked at him with puppy eyes and fake pouted. "Ok, fine." Nate finally said.

_____________________

1057 words (edited)