Chapter 33 - Valentine's Day Pt. 4

TW: Swearing, mentions sexual activity

_____________________

Chapter 33

February 14, Saturday

Kathrin's POV

I got into the car with the boy with dark curly hair and aqua eyes.

"So... where are we going?" I asked, not having high hopes for today. "The cinema. There is a new movie out, and I really wanna watch it so... we're gonna go watch it." He explained awkwardly. I just simply nodded, not sure what to say.

"Y-- you look good." He complimented, trying to break the uneasy silence. "Uhm... thank you." I replied, John obviously not succeeding in trying to make this not awkward.

The whole car ride was just mostly silent, with some jokes said by him from time to time, and me fake laughing because I felt bad that he was trying so hard. I didn't ask for Sienna to do this, but it was a nice thought, so I decided to just go with it. Soon enough we arrived at the cinema. And guess what, the movie we're watching is romance *gags*.

I know this is not a popular decision, but romance is one of my least favorite genres of movies. I usually watch superhero stuff, science fiction, y'know, especially DC. And if not that then action or even horror. As you can tell, I'm not a big movie person. I read. Though, can I really blame him? It's Valentine's day, and anyone would like a good rom-com from time to time.

Currently, the movie was playing a gross scene. And by that I mean the characters were kissing. After eleven years, I still look away whenever that sort of scene comes. That's also why I excused myself to use the bathroom. I mean, I did need to pee. I just have perfect timing, y'know?

After doing my... uhm, uh, business, I washed my hands like how any normal human would and as I was about to leave the bathroom I bumped into someone, leading to them falling. "Oh shit, I'm so sorr-- Eleanor?"

Eleanor's POV

Let's just get straight to the point, I don't have a Valentine. Kimmy felt bad that I didn't have one, so she invited me to go to the movies with her and her boyfriend, Greg. He's just your typical blonde hair and blue eyed boy, who does good in school and seems to have a perfect life.

My options then were to stay home and watch some sad movie while feeling depressed over not having a date, or third wheel my best friend and her 'perfect' boyfriend on a movie date to watch a rom-com. Both quite depressing options might I say. Either way, I picked the third wheeling.

We were half way into the movie and there was this part where the main character and some other guy were kissing. During that interaction, I couldn't help but feel sad. Then I thought of Kathrin. And I thought this day couldn't get any sadder.

I told them I needed the bathroom, not that I actually needed to, I just needed to space myself from them for the moment. I needed a break from couples, which filled the cinema. On the way to the bathroom, I thought about what I would say to her. What I would say to Kathrin if she was here. It seemed recently all I thought about was Kathrin. Even after two months or her official rejection, I just couldn't get her out of my mind. And like I said, I wasn't going to give up-- not this easily at least. I've never felt so-- so... good around someone, I've never felt so complete. And the stupid thing was that we barely ever talked. It was just a small crush turning into a waterfall of feelings that I couldn't seem to control; and it was freaking me out.