Chapter 15 - Christmas Eve Pt. 1

TW: Mentions of divorced parents

_____________________

Chapter 15

December 24, Wednesday

Maeva's POV

It was Christmas eve. I was so looking forward to Christmas-- it's actually my favorite day of the year. Well other than my birthday. Christmas used to be my favorite day, and birthday came as a close second. It's just... my dad and I used to have this tradition that we would do every Christmas.

When the clock struck midnight, and it turns December twenty-fifth, he and I would sneak out and go to the woods nearby, make snow mans, snow angels, have snowball fights and so much more. I know it's nothing original, but I would have so much fun with him. I can still remember how happy I was, how happy he was. Life was perfect, everything was perfect. But I guess it just wasn't good enough for him to stay.

Anyways, we don't think about that kind of stuff now. It's in the past. At that moment, what we had to think about was getting the perfect outfit for the little gathering we were having. Mom invited Kathrin, Sienna, and most importantly, Nate's family, over.

For some reason, I wanted to impress Nate. After going through practically all of my clothes, well at least the expensive ones I saved up enough money to buy, I decided on wearing my silky green dress that ended mid-thigh. It had spaghetti straps. The dress had a strappy back in criss crosses and the front was a v-neck.

To match the green from the dress, I got my dark green snake-skin purse. It was a knock-off chanel, my favorite brand. If only I could buy the real ones.

I wore jewelery; tons of them. Like I'm talking a billion rings, these earrings that are real chanel (which Jessica got for me back when we were actually friends), and a necklace.

I wore some black strappy heels, to match the black earrings and necklace. I had a wedding hair bun; I left some of my curls in the front because well, I wanted to. And finally, I put on some really light makeup, but I did put on eyeliner, which was a glittery silver (borrowed from Kathrin).

 And finally, I put on some really light makeup, but I did put on eyeliner, which was a glittery silver (borrowed from Kathrin)

Maeva's outfit

I looked into the mirror hanging on my wall on top of my table and scanned my outfit. I gave myself a smile of approval before grabbing my green corduroy jacket and walked out to pick up my two best friends, who were very rude to not include me in their little dress up session at Sienna's *dramatic hair flip*. But I guess it's fine.

I walked over, pressing on the doorbell. Soon enough, two sets of footsteps could be heard walking closer. Once the door swung open, I took notice of two completely dressed up girls.

The darker haired girl wore a plain white sweater with a mini red plaid skirt. Her nails were done, which we got together on the first day of winter holiday on December twenty-second. She had a purse that was red as well, matching her skirt, with gold chains. She wore a light beige puffer jacket to prevent the cold, although her legs are still bare-- fashion does not make sense. She had a small necklace with pearls, then a longer necklace with a heart shaped pearl. To match the theme, she got pearl earrings as well. What can I say, the girl loves her pearls.

For her shoes, they were off-white mary jane shoes that had heels. And her hair was in a braid crown. Lastly for her makeup, it was just glittery red eyeliner and some lip gloss.

 Lastly for her makeup, it was just glittery red eyeliner and some lip gloss

Sienna's outfit

The brunette girl wore a black v-neck jumpsuit that had a ribbon tied around it. It had sheer poofy sleeves. She wore smaller jewelery, meaning layered necklaces and earrings; ones that don't get noticed as much. Her hair was in braids and tied at the back of her head, going all the way up to make space buns. Lastly, for her makeup, she had a slight peach color on the corner of her eyes with simple eyeliner. And she used an orange-ish pink blush on her cheeks and nose.

 And she used an orange-ish pink blush on her cheeks and nose

Kathrin's outfit

"Oh. My. God! You look absolutely fabulous!" Sienna squealed, holding a wide grin on her face. "Thank you! You don't look so bad yourself." I complimented back. "Eh." The familiar voice of Kathrin uttered out. Sienna furrowed her eyebrows at the girl, jokingly slapping her arm.

"What?" She shrieked, stepping away. Sienna just glared at the girl. "Ok, ok, fine. You two look... okay." Kathrin said, while Sienna replaced her disapproving look with a proud smile. "Good job, Kathy." Sienna praised, smirking slightly. "Oh shut up, let's just go over to her house." The brunette complained, walking out of her house and going towards mine.

_____________________

793 words (edited)