Chapter 39 - Maeva's Birthday Pt. 1

_____________________

Chapter 39

May 14, Thursday

Maeva's POV

It is my favourite day of the year! If you don't remember from Christmas, my favourite day is... my birthday! Yay! So same as Sienna, I am somewhat popular in school. I'm not close friends with everyone, but I talk quite a lot with others during school. Like hallway friends, you know?Either way, a lot of people said happy birthday to me, and occasionally, I would receive some small gifts from the people I am closer to.

Now skip to after school. Currently, I am looking at the mirror hung above my desk, scanning my outfit to make sure it was perfect. If you haven't noticed yet, clothes are very important to me, and I believe that I have a good sense of style. Therefore, after an hour of flipping through and trying on my clothes (and repeatedly coming to the realisation that I have nothing to wear, when in truth I had like billions things of clothes) I finally found the best one.

I wore a long sleeved light beige crop top that's pretty tight, with wide white jeans. I thought it would be best if I had straight hair for this outfit, so I straightened it. I didn't go for a dramatic hairstyle, therefore I just kept it down. My makeup was natural as usual, that is just a simple feline eyeliner with a terracotta shade lipstick. I got my nails done and wore jewellery. And I wore nike airforces that has white and light beige colors to match the top.

 And I wore nike airforces that has white and light beige colors to match the top

Maeva's outfit

I jogged down the stairs to find a well decorated living room. I was going for a flower theme this year, so there were a lot of fake rose vines hung around and more flower themed stuff. And as if one queue, the sound of the doorbell led to my head snapping to the door.

"Honey! Could you go get the door please?" I could hear my mom ask from the kitchen. "Okay!" I yelled back, slightly skipping to it from excitement and setting my hand on the handle to open it.

After swinging open the door, I took sight of the man my mom has been dating since the start of the school year. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. The man wore a simple black suit with black tie and held a small gift box in his hand.

"Hi Mr. Reed!" I beamed, stepping aside so he could come in. "Oh, I think we are past the point where we can call each other by our first names. Call me Xavier." He exclaimed. "Ok then, hello Xavier." I corrected myself.

"This is for you." He said, handing me a small box wrapped in red wrapping paper and ribbon. "Thank you." I spoke, my voice higher then I meant, slowly taking the gift from him. "Mom's in the kitchen." I declared, leading to him giving me a nod and walking off to the kitchen. It's so nice to see mom so in love again. I'm happy for her.

Time skip

It was almost five o'clock, which meant people were going to arrive soon! Unlike Sienna, I don't have enough close friends to actually throw a party. I was not willing to throw one either. It is way too much work! So I just invited my two best friends, Nate (of course), and their families were invited too.

The doorbell rang, so I went to get it. As I expected, the first people to arrive were Kathrin and Sienna. The black haired girl with highlights wore a pale yellow dress with pink and yellow flowers scattered around. It was ankle length and had a cut all the way up to her thighs on the left side of it. She had short poofy sleeves with a little string at the top that tied into a bow. She wore jewellery and had her nails done (which was with me when I got mine done). She wore white converse and had simple makeup: with the inner part of her eyes shimmered white glitter and the outer part brown. She had a cat eye and blush with just a coat of lip gloss.

 She had a cat eye and blush with just a coat of lip gloss

Sienna's outfit

Kathrin fit was flower themed too, and yet she somehow still made the look emo. She wore a baggy black t-shirt with a picture of a not yet bloomed roses at the front. Underneath it was a long sleeved white shirt with a collar. Both shirts were tucked into wide leg super dark navy blue and white striped pants. Her makeup was pretty simple as well, shockingly. She had eyeliner with bushy fake eyelashes. She had a bit of gold eye shadow and just simple lip gloss. Some of her hair was tied back in a high ponytail, and some of it, which was mostly the hot pink hair, was left down. Of course she had her bangs out. Kathrin wore a lot of jewellery, meaning rings and necklaces and earrings and all that.

 Kathrin wore a lot of jewellery, meaning rings and necklaces and earrings and all that

Kathrin's outfit

They both greeted me with a 'happy birthday', an additional hug from Sienna. They set the gifts they had with the pile of gifts I have already gotten from the classmates, which was set right next to the fireplace.

"Let me guess, Stone's not here yet because he has to look 'perfect' for his precious girlfriend's birthday?" Kathrin questioned jokingly, smirking a bit. I mumbled a 'shut up', which just led to laughter emerging in the room.

Let's hope today wouldn't be ruined. Maybe if my dad cared enough, he might just swing by and stay for two seconds. But who am I kidding, obviously that isn't going to happen; it's all just a delusional dream.

_____________________

952 words (edited)