Chapter 11 - Science Fair Pt. 2

TW: Physical abuse, manipulation, toxic families, child abuse, smoking, underage drinking, alcohol, blood, injuries

_____________________

Chapter 11

November 3, Monday

Maeva's POV

After our group hug ended, Oskar came up to me and told me that he needed to talk to me... alone. Kathrin offered to come. I would've appreciated that, but obviously the blonde boy wouldn't have wanted that.

Sienna held Kathrin back, still supporting my decision of who to date. I could tell that she had suspicions about him as well, but being the nice friend that she is, she was letting me make my own decisions. I told the two to go home first, that they didn't need to wait for me. The two girls abided and left.

He dragged me to the back of the school, which was really just an alleyway. "So... what do you--" My sentence got interrupted with a stinging pain on my left cheek. I fell to the ground, feeling slightly light headed. Blood was dripping off of the left corner of my mouth.

Oskar punched me.

He pulled me up by harshly yanking my left bicep. He then pinned me against the brick wall, causing my entire back to ache in pain. He leaned down to be at my level, his cold hands cupping my cheek. I can feel his breath fanning against my face.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust. I wanted to yell for help, kick and punch him, rush away from his grip. But I couldn't. Getting away from his torture then was just going to create more in the future. So I cried. I let the tears fall down my cheeks. I knew that it wouldn't help with anything, but what was there to lose then?

"I told you to stay away from the little shit." He growled. He gently wiped away the tears, giving me a comforting look. Obviously, it didn't last long. It quickly changed into a mean demeanor. "You understand? Stay. Away." I nodded slightly, not in the mood to argue.

More tears rolled down my already already wet cheeks. He glared at me one last time before walking away. After I was sure he had left and that there was no one around, I slipped down the wall, curling into a ball.

I let the tears flow, not caring what people would think about me if they saw. I sobbed brokenly, then stayed like that for a while. But eventually I checked my phone to see the time. 7:28. I've sat there for almost thirty minutes. Better get back before someone comes looking for me.

I used the back of my hand to wipe my tear-stained cheeks, opening the camera on my phone to make sure my eyes weren't too red and puffy. I cleaned my busted lip slightly, making sure that all the blood was cleared, but there was still a scar. Let's just hope no one notices that. I stood up, wiping my jeans, getting the dust from the floor off and walked back home.

"Maeva, sweetheart, is that you?" My mom gently asked. "Y-- yeah." I stammered, trying to hide the sudden crack in my voice. My mom walked out of the kitchen, still wearing her apron. "Oh, ok. I made your favor-- what happened to your lip?"

I widened my eyes, completely forgetting about that. "I-- it's, uhm, I... fell, off of my skateboard." I lied, obviously very bad at it. She knitted her eyebrows together, walking closer to me to cup my face, examining my lip, eyes filled with worry. "Baby, you don't have a skateboard."