◇Chapter 11: Stuck In The Library◇

"Should be in here."
Aaron, Aphmau, Garroth, Zane and Travis watched as Chris dig through the Library shelves and occasionally he threw a book off the shelf and nearly hit Garroth once or twice.
"What exactly are you looking for?"
"If I'm right, this has something to do with the history of Irene or Michael."
Chris continued to look around the shelves and threw aside on the table that could be important later but it was a bunch of science books.
"Aha!"
Chris brought out a book, blowing off some dust,"What is that?", Chris held it up,"This is Lady Irene's story. A lot of teachers say this was her diary before she disappeared and recorded her adventures.", Chris sat at the table and opened the book,"Remind me, the first people you told me that went missing where a gang called. . .?", "The Shadow Knights.", Chris nods,"And that's why it sounded familiar.", Chris held up the book and they all sat down to read it.

"The nether is the place where the Shadow Knights and the Shadow King were banished to after they were defeated by the Divine Warriors in the War of the Magi. The Nether is also the place where Shadow Knights are created or reborn."

"Their gang was named after a group from history?", Chris nods,"It appears so.", Garroth glared,"But what does this have to with Irene or they who must not be named.", Chris turned a few pages before he showed them the book again.
"The reason is because Lady Irene was accompanied by a Shadow Knight that betrayed their people to aid her.", Chris stood up and walked to the exit,"Where are you going?", "Away from you people, I'm not getting involved with them again.", as Chris opened the door to leave, he froze as he saw the rain coming down hard and could almost see lightening in the grey clouds!
. . .
"Crap."
"We're stuck in here until the storm passes, aren't we?"
Chris looked at them, groaning and closing the door,"Yes.", Chris pulled out his phone and texted his parents to let them know he was okay and would be back as soon as the storm calmed down.
. . .

=

Aaron, Garroth and Travis were doing more research on the book Chris had shown them, Zane had fallen asleep and Aphmau was just staring at Chris, he was just on his phone and wasn't bothering them.
. . .
Did he really have nothing to do with it?
. . .
Aphmau sat down next to Chris, he shifted and didn't even look at her.
"E- I mean, I mean Chris."
Chris turned to her, Aphmau looked at him,"What was. . . He like. . . Zach. . .", Chris was surprised, but then again Ein was her brother so he guessed he had an obligation to tell her.
"Your dad, or Zach, was an abusive, power hungry man that made me drink so many Forever Potions that it got to the point it would be a regular drink for me.", Aphmau was stunned and surprised, Chris glared at his phone,"When I was Ein, I think he only kept me was because I was a Werewolf but I was just a tool for him and his friends.", Chris shook his head, Aphmau felt bad as she didn't think for a moment that Ein was suffering or under a potion, she should considered all possibilities,"I'm sorry. . .", "It's fine. I'm not Ein anymore, just Chris a regular human. But can I ask why you're wanting to know why people are disappearing??", Aphmau looked away, she seemed sad.
. . .
"Because Lawrence was one of the people that disappeared."
Chris was surprised and confused,"Wait-? Lawrence?? That's weird because Lawrence has nothing to do with anything that has happened!", "I know! That's why we're trying to find him!", Aphmau looked at the floor,"But. . .", Chris sighed,"Fine, I'll help you find your friends. But afterwards I'm going back to a somewhat normal life, okay?", Aphmau smiled, hugging Chris to his surprise,"Thank you.", Chris just pats her on the head, unsure of how to respond to this sudden affection.