◇Chapter 27: An Explanation◇

"What will happen to the Tape Player?"
Kestin had a shovel and the box,"I'll go burn and bury it.", so Kestin left to go get rid of this cursed Tape Player.

=

"EXPLAIN!"
Katelyn shook Chris like the answer would shake out of him like shaking a tree in animal crossing for bells.
"Okay, okay! I'll explain!"
Katelyn stopped shaking him, Chris fixed his jacket and glasses,"See, what you saw was a Demon that messed with us before, each hub that opens has something inside, either a creature, object or what you just saw there.", Chris paced the room, they watched as he did and Dante was still rocking back and forth,"We ended up conducting our own experiment on them, we also try to defeat the creatures if they are dangerous to the main hub or to ourselves, we never had anything happen to the main hub because it seems like whatever magic is around here replicated our homes or takes us to a completely different area.", Chris stopped and turned to them,"I know it's crazy, but it is normal for us and pretty sure none of you would have had to see it if Dante didn't decide to snoop around.", Aphmau, Aaron and Katelyn gave Dante a bit of a disappointing look,"What?! You told us not to go near it so of course I'm gonna go near it!", Chris sighed, the door then opened and Kestin came in,"Hey, the thing is burned and buried.", Chris gave a thumbs up, Aphmau stared at Kestin, she looked at the shovel and noticed there didn't seem to be any sign of dirt on the shovel, which was odd because if he buried it then wouldn't the shovel be covered in dirt?
"We should all just hit the hay, get some sleep and tomorrow we'll close up another hub."
"Got it, Goodnight Kestin."
. . .

=

Aphmau watched from the window, her friends were asleep but she was wide awake because her bad feelings towards Kestin grew stronger and she was beginning to feel like there was much more going on, she was sure Chris didn't have an answer to her suspicious feelings and he seemed to trust Kestin.
. . .
"!"
She then saw Kestin leave his house, she watched as he went behind a tree and to her shock she saw him stuff the Tape Player in plastic bag and walk away.
. . .
Aphmau left the house, she followed Kestin into the woods and made sure to keep her distance to not be caught.

~

She watched as Kestin stepped into another portal, she was confused because this was far from the main area as the hubs seemed to be close to their homes.

~

As Aphmau stepped through the portal, and in front of her was a huge building and she watched as Kestin entered the building and she felt accomplished to know her bad feeling may be true!
She had to follow inside.
There was something wrong, and she knew it.