◇Chapter 13: the Nether◇

The rain finally stopped!
Chris was the first outside,"Alright!", "Ei-Chris!", the others followed him, he leaned against the portal,"Whenever you're ready.", so Chris was waiting and they group stepped away from him to talk about this.
"Aphmau, you're not gonna trust this guy right. . .?! Dead or not, he's-"
"I know, Katelyn. But we don't have any other choice, he's the only one that made the portal with no issue."
"Besides, if he tires anything suspicious or threatening then we can kill him again."
The group agreed, they selected that Aphmau, Aaron, Katelyn, Garroth and Lucinda would go in the Nether with Chris as their guide.
"Ready?"
They nod, Chris jumps in and they follow after him.

=

"Welcome; To The Nether!"
They were stunned.
Everything was red, fire was everywhere, lava was all over the place and it seemed like creatures were also all over the place either flying around or crawling around.
"What the. . ."
"Pretty cool, huh?"
Chris picked up a bit of Netherack and threw it in the lava, startling them as the lava spat,"Don't do that.", "Fine, Fine.", Chris stuffer his hands into his pockets, Aphmau tries to use the compass but it was spinning around with no sign of it stopping,"What the. . .?", "Oh, yeah, nothing like compasses work in here.", Aphmau sighed and put it back in her pocket, Katelyn turned to Chris glaring,"So, where to them, Mister Smarty Pants.", Chris looked at her blankly, he pointed pointed,"Just beyond the lava lake.", they looked beyond and froze.
"What in the of Irene is that?!"
"A Fort of some kind, looks like more a castle but hey the symbol that was on TV is on the castle so that's a start!"
They all stare at Chris like asking if he was being serious, Lucinda was baffled,"We have to go up there. . .?!", "Yeah, follow me and I'll show ya!", so they followed Hris though were careful to keep quiet as mobs were around.

~

Aaron looked at the front of the castle from their hiding spot,"Some kind of symbol is on the ground.", Lucinda was interested and recognised it,"It looks to be some kind of portal, perhaps it's how they get around without building portals like. . . Chris did.",Chris nods, taking a sip of water from his water bottle.
*flash*
They turned back, seeing now two guards holding someone with bag on their head!
"Gene. . .!"
"Aphmau, no. . .!"
Aaron stopped her,"If we go out there, they'll catch us and we won't be able to help Gene. . .", Aphmau wanted to argue but she had no choice, so they watched as the guards dragged him inside, Chirs got a little closer and no one was stopping him, which he was happy about and peaked inside the castle from the entrance.
. . .
"Wow. . ."
The whole place was like a castle!
Chris took out his camera and took pictures to show them once they got back to the overworld, zooming in to get some shoots of the room or place around.
Then he saw them.
Zach and Elizabeth.
He felt sick just seeing them, he took a picture of their presence and took a picture of the people that seemed to be working alongside them.
Chris got back to the group and gave Aaron the camera,"We better go.", she nods and they make their way down to the portal.
*Swish*
An arrow swizzed right past them!
"Intruders!"
"RUN!"
So they all booked it back to the portal, it didn't help that the place was so warm so they were tired but Chris took the lead with Aaron,"Got a plan?", "Always!", Chris whipped out his phone and hit a few buttons before his phone began to glow, as they got to the portal Chris turned back and hit something on his phone and before long, a Netherack wall rose and blocked their way of seeing the portal.
"They got away!"
. . .
"How are gonna get back there."
Chris just stuck his hand through the wall,"Don't worry it's an illusion wall.", they were actually impressed by this and Chirs walked back to the portal,"Let's cool off and look at what pictures I managed to get.", so they follow Chris.