◇Chapter 31: Peace◇

Night again.
Their final Night here, Aphmau was glad to know that Chris was happy with friends and family.
"Even if they are a little chaotic, they do seem to really care about each other.", Aphmau nods,"Agreed. And they sure do seem to have a lot of adventures.", Katelyn yawned, stretching in the bed,"Can't wait to get back to Kawaii~Chan.", "Same.", Dante was excited to go home, especially after Pirece broke his arm but at least their friend fixed it with potions.

=

"Can't sleep?"
Chris looked up,"Oh, Hey Pirece just couldn't sleep tonight. You know, one of those nights.", Pirece nods, pouring himself a glass of soda and left Chris to have some peace.
"Hope you feel better."
"Night Pirece. . ."
And Chris was alone again, he stared down at his glass of water, another nightmare about Ein.
Why are the nightmares still happening, they had stopped for a while but started again.
Why.
Why are they back??
*Smash*
Chris froze.
He looked at his hand, seeing his cup had shattered and noticed a vase had also shattered.
"Again. . ."
He quickly left the house, just needed to blow off to steam.

~

Chris took a deep breath, inhale and exhale, he just needed to calm down they were just nightmares.
"What's up with you?"
Chris turned to Aaron, who stepped back seeing his eyes were green,"Your eyes. . .", "They only turn green when I use my magic.", Chris sat down on the ground, leaning against the tree and Aaron felt worried for him,"What's wrong?-", "Ein.", Aaron frowned, Chris grabbed his head,"The memories if what I did, Ein, Zach and Elizabeth it's all resurfacing and. . .", Chris exhaled, Aaron sat across from him and it was now clear to Aaron that Chris was remorseful for what happened when he was Ein.
. . .
"Let go."
Chris looked up,"Huh?", Aaron rested his eyes for a moment before looking at Chris,"You still have this grip on your past life, you have repeatedly said you feel guilty about it but that's why you may still have nightmares; You're still holding onto Ein.", Chris sighed, Aaron layed back,"When I, was still dating Aphmau, I had many nightmares about my family, specially my dad, and I had to let go of my past feelings and past self to be able to move on and be my own person.", Chris sighed, taking his glasses off for a moment,"Maybe it's time for you to let go of Ein, Chris.", Chris nods, Aaron was right, it was time to let go of what Ein did, of what Zach and Elizabeth made Ein do and be Chris.

~

Chris found himself in darkness, he hasn't been in the dark for years since Irene and him had their last conversation.
. . .
Then he noticed a string around his wrist, following it he saw a familiar looking boy huddled in a corner and the string connected them both.
Chris knelt down at Ein, holding his hand out to Ein,"It's time. . .", Chris untied the string from his hand, the string dropped and Ein was free.
. . .
"It's time to let go. . . Move on from what they did. . ."
Ein smiled, his eyes were no longer green but grey though he might not be able to see him but he faded away as he waved goodbye to Chris.
. . .
"I am so proud."
Chris turned around,"Irene?!", she nods, Chris just ran to her and hugged her, she hugged back and rubbed his back,"You recovered well and built the life you wanted your pervious life.", Chris sighed, breaking the hug,"Thank you, Irene for believing in me. . .", "Of course.", Chris smiled, watching Irene walk away but as she did they appeared in a hallway.
"What the??"
Irene smiled, now Chris could see her face and. . .
Aphmau?
"Have a nice life, Chris. . .and do keep Pirece from ending up like Michael or his parents. . ."
And she walked away. . .