one

it was almost fall

it was almost fall. for some, the most exciting part about it was the weather. not too hot but not cold either. this meant that you could wear nice hoodies. hoodies are comfy, they have a small but spacious pocket. pockets are nice. you can put your hands inside them. what's even nicer is that you can put both hands inside, heck even four! and yes, this is something couples do. something sweet and nice couples do.

but jake wouldn't do it, since he had no one to do it with. not like he was looking for someone to hold his hands inside his hoodie's pocket. nope.

and it's not that he wasn't the romantic type, but he had never been in a relationship before. sure, he got some confessions during high school here and there, but for some reason he could never see himself dating that person. did i say a few confessions? i meant LOTS of confessions. it's just that jake thought they weren't that many. but how could he not be liked? he was such a positive person, always helping everyone and being the outgoing guy so many adored. it came easy to him, starting conversations, making friends.

that was until he met him. an older student in the same uni he started attending. he saw him a couple of times and thought he was very handsome, so he tried striking a conversation with him, to make a new friend.

let's just say it wasn't reciprocated.

jake started with a "hi there! i'm jake sim! what's your name?" and the other person just looked at him, looked away and continued walking. jake was pretty taken aback. he didn't seem to have been weird or rude at all, so he didn't understand why he was so harshly rejected.

he decided he could try again next time he saw the older. if he saw him that was. but a week passed and since he didn't see him again, he forgot about him. he met someone that seemed his age in one of his classes though, so he had a friend now!

"ready to go?" park sunghoon asked him, the class had just finished and they had a free period.

"yeah, wanna go to the cafeteria? i'm craving some good kimchi stew" jake said, while rubbing his belly and licking his lips, which made sunghoon chuckle, he though jake was cute.

"sure, let's go"

once they had arrived and got their food, they went to sit down, and just as jake looked up from his food to say something to sunghoon he saw him again, that quiet sunbae. so his first reaction was to be surprised.

"ah! AH!"

which startled sunghoon, "what? what?! did you burn your tongue or something? i told you to wait for it to cool down a little!" sunghoon more like rapped than said.

"that's him! that's the guy i tried talking to last week!"

sunghoon looked behind him to where jake was looking at and now understood why jake had been ignored. "oh, lee heeseung? yeah he's not really friendly"

jake was a little confused. did sunghoon know him? why wasn't he friendly? his name is lee heeseung? so he just started with a basic question, "you know who he is?"

sunghoon sipped his water and proceeded to shrug, "i've only heard rumors of him, some girls saying that he looked so cool and mysterious? but then they started pouting saying he doesn't talk that much and that it was such a shame."

huh, so it really wasn't how i approached him

that's when jake remembered he had bought food and that it was getting colder by the second, so he instantly took a mouthful and burned his tongue. sunghoon chuckled and muttered an "i warned you" towards jake.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

it was the afternoon now, and jake was headed to his new job he had gotten just to pay for his apartment. the daughter of his dad's friend had just graduated and was gonna move elsewhere so he let him know about it since it was so close to his uni.

it was convenient and not very expensive, which is why he got a job that payed enough for his living expenses. it was a library themed cafe a single subway station away from uni, just a 20 min ride. he really liked the cafe's concept, and the mood it always had. also, the smell of books and coffee? heavenly.

life was good for jake, he couldn't complain. since he was new at his job he was gonna be trained for three days, then he'd be on his own to take the customer's orders and make the beverages himself. he also found out they baked the desserts they sold, so he looked forward to learning a few recipes to improve his baking skills. it was all puppies and rainbows.

first day at work? check.

now jake returned to the subway station to take the last one of the evening, which was surprisingly packed of people. he got in and found a free seat, but then an old lady came inside and he gave her his seat, very gentleman-like.

he was left standing but that didn't bother him, until he felt an intense gaze on his left side. he was a bit cautious when he took a glance to his left, but since it had been too subtle he didn't see anyone, so he looked again, and his eyes where met with a pair of dark shiny eyes that belonged to none other than lee heeseung himself.

lee heeseung, staring at him, in the same subway as him? that was one big coincidence.

why is he staring at me? do i have coffee stains in my shirt? is my hair a mess? why does it matter?

jake broke eye contact and decided to not weird him out. even if he himslef felt a little weirded out by the older. so his next thought was 'well, two can play this game'. he looked to his left again, confirmed heeseung was still staing at him, and proceeded to bring a smile to his lips, but not just a small smile, a nice, kind of flirty one.

this made heeseung react quite funny, he opened his eyes wide and looked away a bit too quickly. jake giggled, thinking that lee heeseung was probably just really shy. that must have been why he didn't answer when he tried talking to him a week ago.

═══════ ≫ ♥ ≪ ════════

╰(*'︶'*)╯
so! welcome to my first ever story in this app. or anywhere. i hope you all will like it! i will try to make it a good story, but it is my first one so bare with me!
i'll be in you care!

-nova<3