six

the second jake put down the box inside his apartment the kitten jumped out of it

"not so fast cutie, i'm showering you first"

it was hard getting the kitten clean, jake was a thorough person, so he didn't dry it until he was sure it was clean of dirt and fleas.

the kitten seemed a lot fluffier and happier. jake put some cat food on a small plate he had gotten and put it on the floor so the kitten could eat. then he took a nice shower, he felt so sticky because of the humidity rain always brings.

right after he was so relaxed he found himself falling asleep as he was eating his cereal.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

jake woke up to a heavy feeling on his chest. and he was sure it wasn't his own hands. he opened his eyes to find the small kitten all curled up on his chest. jake felt so sorry he had to get up and wake the sleeping kitten.

but he did get up and got ready for another day of school. and later work. same old. he was almost feeling like not going to school, when he noticed a new notification on his phone. had something happened to sunghoon? maybe they had first period free? he unlocked his phone and saw it was none of the above. heeseung had texted him just a couple minutes back, asking if he wanted to walk to school together. that's when jake started to panic.

he wants to go together? wait, what if he's already outside the building waiting? i should hurry and finish getting ready. ah! but gotta text him back first.

heeseung hyung✨
hi jake, good morning.
it's me, heeseung.
lee heeseung.
i was wondering if you
maybe wanted to walk to
school together?

sim jake☕️
hello hyung!
yes! i would love to!
are you already here?

heeseung hyung✨
i'm not there yet, but
i'm almost ready.
see you in ten?

sim jake☕️
yeah yeah!
see you in ten! 

jake was actually ready in five minutes, and went down as fast as he could. when he got out of the building though, he saw heeseung turning the corner of the street, walking towards him. but he wasn't alone, there were another two guys walking right beside him. one of them looked heeseung's age, but the other one looked even younger than jake.

"heeseung hyung!" jake yelled while making his way over to the other three. it seemed like heeseung hadn't noticed him, he was surprised when he heard his name being called. he had also seemed grateful for the interruption. what were they talking about that made him so flustered?