five

it was cold and dark, jake couldn't remember how he'd gotten there but he was currently all alone inside a subway wagon

It wasn't moving though, and outside of it there were only two or three lights, barely reaching his range of vision. they seemed to be far away.

jake looked down to his lap, relieved when he saw the box, but when he opened it, there was no trace of a kitten inside. instead, he found growing amaranthus caudatus. a sign of hopelessness.

jake stood up, dropping the box and backing away from it, but then something caught his eye; between all de love-lies-bleeding, there was a single carnation, blooming as jake stepped closer to it.

every step he took, he felt the walls closing in on him, nevertheless he continued walking, until he was close enough to it.

his heart was beating uncontrollably fast, his forehead started sweating cold sweat, and still he reached for the lonely flower, taking it in his hands carefully, and only then realizing it was white.

then everything started shaking lightly.

jake fell down in surprise, but instead of feeling his butt crash to the floor, he felt something on his shoulders.

there where two hands resting there, on each shoulder. and then jake looked ahead, meeting eyes again with heeseung, who had a worried look on his face.

jake looked around him; the lights were lit. he was still sitting down and holding the box, sure the kitten was inside. there were people inside the wagon, but they were all leaving. that's when jake noticed the subway had stopped moving. and he also realized he wasn't alone, heeseung was right in front of him. it was just a dream, he had fallen asleep
on the ride back to his apartment. he finally focused and heard what heeseung was asking.

"are you feeling okay?" jake just nodded, "that's good. now, let's go jake, or they might lock us here until tomorrow morning" heeseung grabbed jake's bag and hung it on his shoulder, standing up straight. jake rubbed his eyes with his free hand and then got up and followed behind heeseung.

"sorry, i must've been pretty tired. thanks for waking me up" jake noticed that the more stairs they climbed, the more the nice smell of sodden soil filled his lungs. it was raining outside. good thing jake had brought a really big umbrella. "heeseung hyung, did you bring an umbrella with you?"

heeseung had his own backpack he was carrying besides the one belonging to jake. "yeah, but it's only fit for one person. you take it though, i can run to the apartment"

jake instantly shook his head, smiling "no need hyung, i brought my own umbrella! i was just worried you might not have brought one with you."

they both stopped right before exiting the station. jake put the box down, muttered "thanks for carrying my backpack hyung" and grabbed his umbrella from his bag, and proceeded to carrying it on his shoulders; he opened the umbrella and looked at heeseung, a giant grin on his face.