forty four

on his way home, jake checked his phone once inside the subway, and saw, surprised, that his boyfriend had replied to his message from earlier

on his way home, jake checked his phone once inside the subway, and saw, surprised, that his boyfriend had replied to his message from earlier. he opened the text and was even more surprised to see, not a "happy valentine's" back, but a "can i talk to you for a bit when you get back from work? it's important."

jake wouldn't lie, he felt all the blood from his body drain to his feet, and his heart started beating way too fast for comfort. he was scared.

am i about to be dumped on valentine's day?

he couldn't think of anything else at this point. according to him, everything made sense if that were to actually happen. the list in his mind was as solid as the cold rail his hands held—he was forced to travel standing because the cabin was packed.

he dreaded the arrival. once he opened the text, even if he did not want to, he replied an "alright, where should we meet?" and cursed under his breath once he received an almost immediate reply.

heeseung said to meet him right in front of their uni, which would be obviously lonely because of the hour. jake didn't want to think anymore and turned up the volume on the music he heard through his earphones. right after listening to "confident", justin bieber sang "as long as you love me" and jake almost choked a sob. he didn't let himself cry though, he really didn't want to go all puffy-eyed to meet heeseung.

he arrived too soon for his liking and made his way towards the uni's entrance, not taking out his earphones nor changing songs. when he saw heeseung waiting for him he was listening to "stuck with u" and his heart felt like it swelled from the emotions he felt.

jake sighed.

how could i ever get over him? there's no way i can...

jake stopped right in front of heeseung, eyes searching for the other's and finding them, holding an unreadable expression. in fact, all of heeseung's face was unreadable to jake. or at least that's what he thought. he couldn't decipher what his (still) boyfriend was thinking and it scared him again.

heeseung said something. that's what it looked like to jake but he didn't understand nor hear him. jake made a questioning face and he saw heeseung laugh a little. jake tilted his head to the side a little but just before he could straighten his face or head, heeseung had reached to his ears and unplugged his earphones.

"were you expecting to hear me through these?" heeseung teased.

"u-um, no..." jake wanted to kick himself for stuttering. he cleared his throat, "what did you want to talk about?"

heeseung straightened up and handed jake his earphones. jake's fingertips were tingling, his mind was preparing itself for anything that was to come, but really he just wished he could hug heeseung and make everything right.

"well, jaeyunie, first i need you to close your eyes and trust me," jake skipped a breath because of the nickname, "do you trust me?"

jake nodded, "yes." with my whole heart jake wanted to say, but he couldn't, afraid his voice would break.