three

(bold means heeseung pov) jake wasn't usually late anywhere, at all

jake wasn't usually late anywhere, at all. if you asked people that knew him they would tell you he was actually very punctual. but his alarm had gone off under his pillow that was under another pillow, hence the noise was muffled and it took a prolonged amount of time for him to realize it wasn't a dream and his alarm was in fact going crazy under his head.

so he was running through the halls of his uni to get to his class on time, backpack on his right hand, phone and charger on his left hand, and half a granola bar in his mouth. he was completely sure he wasn't going to make it on time but he at least wanted to get there asap, and as he was thinking about this, he took a quick turn to his left and crashed into someone so hard he fell on his butt.
thankfully he didn't choke on the granola bar, but his phone flew out of his hand and into the other person's lap. the other person had also fallen.

"oh hank goh i wudda been ho embarrahh if ih had been anyone elgg (oh thank god it's you, i would've been so embarrassed if it had been anyone else)" jake said to an angry sunghoon in front of him.

"iish~!! what are you running for? you're already late, might as well take it easy" sunghoon replied, not really understanding what jake had tried to say. they both got up and sunghoon handed his phone to jake, and he noticed a bandage on the hand he used to retrieve it.

"what happened? are you okay?" a now worried sunghoon asked.

"oh yeah i'm fine, it's just a small scratch, literally haha..." an unavoidably blushing jake said, reminiscing the events that took place a couple of hours prior. my face feels warm, is it because i couldn't have a proper breakfast? am i getting sick?

sunghoon noticed jake's mind was elsewhere, and understood why his friend was so clumsy, he's a very distracted person. but he wasn't gonna ask more about it. he hadn't known jake for long but he knew that when jake wanted to talk about something he did. no need to ask

"THAT'S RIGHT I DIDN'T TELL YOU!" jake screamed after finally finishing the granola bar.

"tell me what?" see? sunghoon didn't even need to ask so he would spill the beans.
"i found a kitty behind the place i work in last night, and i fed it and put it in a box and it scratched my hand because i invaded it's space by patting it's head and then as i was leaving the station someone grabbed my shoulder and i screamed cuz i thought i was being robbed but no it was lee heeseung he came to me when he saw my bleeding hand and then took me to a nearby pharmacy and cleaned my wound and now we're friends" it was all said in one breath by jake, not even a bit excited, nope.

"lee heeseung? THE lee heeseung and you are friends? didn't he completely ignore your existence when you approached him?" sunghoon couldn't buy it, he only ever heard how heeseung didn't talk to anyone unless he absolutely had to, this was hard to believe.

"yes! i was startled but he's actually really nice. i asked him about it and he said he's not very sociable" jake said, completely forgetting he had to be in class 20 mins ago. sunghoon reminded him though, so they went and took the remaining of class in silence. he would tell him the details later.