𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

heeseung was so deep in thought that he didn't see jake inching closer to him from behind

heeseung was so deep in thought that he didn't see jake inching closer to him from behind. but this time he wasn't scared, but blushing. jake had rested his chin on heeseung's right shoulder. heeseung tried so hard to play it cool, tried so hard not to turn his face to his right, but failed miserably.

jake's face was two inches away from his own.

his lips were two inches away from his own.

oh god

if you didn't already notice by now, heeseung was shy. normally, he would not be flustered by someone sneaking up on him, but with jake nothing he did made much sense and he knew why. he just didn't know what to do about it. clearly had zero experience in liking someone, heeseung almost always chose to walk around the situation, avoid the possible rejection and embarrassment he could face if he just let his intrusive thoughts win.

to jake, it was easy to be somewhat flirty, which was exactly what he was doing in that precise moment. jake thought back to when heeseung had asked him for his number. that one rainy night, when heeseung stepped way too close to him in order to help him grab his phone. they were inches apart that time too, under the same umbrella. it had been romantic, really. that's the kind of mood he was going for right now. maybe heeseung hyung will do something unexpected now?

and he did, he turned away which was not at all what jake was expecting.

heeseung was reminded of that rainy night too, but he could not even think about doing something as daring as kissing jake just because he was too close for comfort. too many things could go wrong. to tell the truth heeseung felt scared of trying anything without knowing how jake felt, and to be honest it was hard with jake being a flirt sometimes.

heeseung searched in his head for something to ask the younger so it wouldn't be quiet and awkward for about 2 seconds before the light bulb above his head lit up.

"hey jake, where's the kitten you had brought a few weeks ago?" yes, heeseung couldn't stop thinking about that night and that was the only other thing he remembered besides the umbrella incident.

jake seemed to have remembered something he absolutely should not have forgotten. he paced back slowly and gradually started walking faster to his room while he answered heeseung.

"oh no, i left him inside my room so he wouldn't make a ruckus of the living room for when you came but now he's been in there too long!" for when i came?

heeseung dried his hands and walked towards jake's room, but jake hesitated on opening the door.

"hyung you're not allergic to cats or anything right?"