𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"jay hyung! over here!" jungwon yelled while waving one hand in the air so he could be spotted

"ah, there you are," jay started trying to reach his boyfriend, but the market was packed with people even though it was new years eve, "wait there! i'll be with you in a second!"

"okay, hyung! i'll be here," jungwon stepped back from the crowds of people and found a nice spot where no people walked through next to the fruits.

they had decided to prepare their own dinner for new year's since jay's family stayed in america and jungwon, well, he didn't even think of spending holidays with his parents.

and he wasn't actually sad because of his situation, but he did sometimes think about his mom. being alone with his thoughts, he wished his mom was different. he wished his dad would speak up and help him if he really meant everything he said about supporting him. sure, he received money from him, but that wasn't at all what jungwon wanted, or what he needed.

"ma, are we going home soon? there's so many people here," a little girl said to her mother.

"just hang on for little a bit sweetie, we need to buy a couple more things so we can make those delicious cookies you wanted," the mom answered. jungwon watched as the scene developed with a tiny ache in his heart.

"yay! cookie baking! and then we give dad!" the little girl exclaimed.

"of course sweetie, let's surprise him with warm cookies for when he gets back from work," the mom rubbed her nose against her child's affectionately.

jungwon didn't even notice he had started tearing up. an old lady walked by him and saw his tear stained cheeks.

"is everything alright darling? why is such a handsome young man alone, crying in a supermarket?" the nice lady asked.

"huh?" jungwon felt his face and wiped the tears away, sniffing, "i'm alright, sorry."

"why should you be sorry? there's nothing wrong with expressing your emotions, darling. are you here on your own?" the granny asked.

"um, no, i came here with someone else, i'm waiting for him but it seems like he got stuck in traffic haha, there's so many people," jungwon said still sniffing.

"him, as in your dad?" the lady asked actually curious.

"no, not my dad."

"then, your older brother?"

"i'm an only child, ma'am."

"oh you are? then you must be your mom's eyes and heart. i have just one daughter, and i adore her so," the lady said obliviously.

"i'm afraid that isn't my case, ma'am."

"how come?"

"my mom, she cares more about social status than his son's goals in life. i used to study 14 hours a day just because she'd say so. and only when i moved from my parents house i came to realize that i was programmed to feel like school scores where the most important thing in my life. the only sign of affection she ever showed me was when i would get the highest marks in my classes. my reward was seeing her smile triumphantly and tell me i would surely get into her dream college if i kept that up. i lived to see that, even though i never wanted to do any of it, it was all i knew."