𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

the dinner with jake's family had been a complete succes and the couple's desserts were loved by all of them

the dinner with jake's family had been a complete succes and the couple's desserts were loved by all of them. jake was so happy it had gone well he almost teared up when he was waiting for midnight to come.

heeseung had gone to his brother's car for something and jake was waiting with his family in the living room, sookie on his lap very comfortable.

"so, jake, what exactly was the misunderstanding between you both that made him feel like he made the biggest mistake?" chris asked jake in a way that looked like he was just being nosy but deep down, chris was concerned.

"oh... well it was in november. i had been teaching finn, a friend from canada, korean since he knew nothing. we were at a park near my uni because we both live in the same apartment building and apparently someone recorded a conversation we had. the conversation was kind of modified and so it sounded as if he and i were together...

"the whole school saw it and i was being looked at weirdly but that wasn't the issue. heeseung saw the video too and he believed it because i never said anything about it, except i didn't even know back then it existed." jake took a second to reminisce on how oblivious they both had been.

"and just like you and heeseung said, i'm a little flirty and he thought i had toyed with his feelings and moved on to somebody else. it was pretty crazy, weeks passed and he started to become more and more distant. somehow a girl made me know about the video, which my friend sunghoon also knew about but hadn't told me since, again, i had not said anything about it.

"i announced to the whole school that i wasn't dating anyone and heeseung heard me. it clicked in my head what he had thought of and i waited for him to say something, but he didn't and i ran away... to my apartment. and the most cliché thing happened, it rained that day and he came to see me even though he had no umbrella and no confidence i would want to see him. we, um, talked things out and now here we are!" jake finished telling his story to his brother and chris looked amazed.

"all of that happened and i didn't know? i feel so left out..." chris joked about the situation. he knew jake was a sensitive guy and that it worked to make him laugh so he didn't feel sad.

"oh, come on hyung! you were busy with your adult life, i didn't think you'd want your brother to talk to you about his dramatic love life."

"why? i love drama. it's a shame i don't go to your university, i would have done something about the video." chris said pondering.

"hahaha hyung, if that's the case then i'm glad i didn't tell you, what if you came all the way to my school and said something about my feelings to heeseung before i did? nO thanks." jake shook his head but laughed.

"i would never!" chris said offended.

"you so would!" jake retorted teasingly.

"i would have kept it secret! i'm good at keeping secrets!"