𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

♡ (underlined = english) ♡

after dropping jake off, heeseung walked home

after dropping jake off, heeseung walked home. when he entered his apartment he noticed a pair of shoes he didn't recognize next to jay's, but figured he had just gotten a new pair. he walked to the living room but didn't see jay anywhere, then noticed jay's door was closed. he walked over to the door and knocked once. he heard rumbling inside, but didn't open the door.

"hey, jongseong, i bought you bungeoppang. are you still awake?"

there was silence and after a few seconds jay answered.

"hey hyung, yeah thank you! but i'll just sleep for now, i'm pretty tired"

"alright, it'll be on the kitchen counter. good night"

"good night!"

heeseung then went to his room and brushed his teeth before laying in bed to sleep. something was definitely weird about jay, but he just hoped he was doing okay.

he went to sleep early that night. he could have sworn that he heard the door of the apartment open and close sometime before falling asleep, though.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

jake had been teaching finn some korean every sunday for two weeks now, so really, just two days. either way, finn seemed to be studying on his own because he surprised jake with his new speaking skills frequently.

finn thought that maybe korean wasn't so hard after all. he enjoyed every time jake taught him and, well, that was pretty much it. he enjoyed having jake to himself for a couple hours once a week. finn might not look it, but he was actually a pretty funny guy, jake laughed constantly at jokes the foreigner cracked out of nowhere.

thinking things through, finn came to realize he didn't ever hear jake say anything of his love life, since jake only ever talked about his friends, mostly lee heeseung and sometimes park sunghoon. but finn was straightforward, so he just asked him directly.

"hey jake, are you seeing anyone at the moment?"

jake was taken off guard by the sudden question. his mind quickly made him think of heeseung, but he wasn't in that kind of relationship with him. (yet)

"um, no. not really" jake pondered for a second if finn was asking with some sort of ulterior motive, like introducing him to someone. he only thought it'd be uncomfortable.

"not really, huh? then do you have someone you like?"

"yeah"

oh?  thought finn. could it be him maybe?

"and do they like you back?"

"i hope so... that person, i really like them"

finn, blinded by his own feelings and hopefulness, thought that jake was being shy and quiet about it because he was talking about himself. jake, on the other hand, now couldn't get heeseung out of his head, or his heart rate to slow down. or his cheeks from heating up so much.

"do i know them by chance?" now finn was only trying to get straight (really, tho?) to the bottom of this, he wanted to know for sure, to hear jake fess up to him. but he didn't receive a satisfactory response.

"you've met them. only once though, i don't know if you remember"

this made finn's heart drop to his stomach. it's definitely not him, he couldn't possibly be talking about him. he could only think of two people out of jake's friends that he'd seen once, because those were the only he had ever met. park sunghoon and lee heeseung.

tying up the strings, he remembered he saw park sunghoon outside of jake's apartment, so it would make sense for him to be the one jake liked. but then again, maybe jake wasn't that shameless and wouldn't invite over the guy he likes to his home. so, lee heeseung. he had gone to jake's workplace that time he met him just to arrange a meeting day for them both, what was it about? showing jake a restaurant? that seemed pretty plausible too.

well, whoever it was, the thing that mattered most to finn was that he wasn't the one. and thinking about it thoroughly, it made sense. finn and jake had known each other for roughly a month and a half. and there was also the possibility that finn just wasn't jake's type. which was worse, so he settled for the short time they had known each other. to make himself feel better.

"are you planning on dating them, then?"

"i don't know, finn. if they don't like me back, then i'd just ruin the friendship we've worked so hard to build. which makes me feel guilty for having this feelings, what if they genuinely think of me as a good friend, but then find out about me and feel betrayed? making friends isn't easy for that person, so i'm not sure what to do..."

finn could really see how torn jake was about this. he regretted asking him anything at all a couple seconds back, but was now convinced he had made the right decision. jake needed to rant about it, he was probably bottling up his feelings for a while now. what really mattered now was helping jake feel better so he could be confident and make a decision about the person he likes. even if it wasn't him.

"well i think you should definitely go for it, the worse that could happen is that they say they like you too and then they'd be stuck dating you"

jake looked a little offended but it had worked, he laughed. jake knew finn was only kidding and had said so as a way of cheering him on. finn proceeded to make it even clearer.

"hwaiting!" with a fist clenched in the air, actually cheering jake on.

"thanks finn"

i guess he's right. i'll be less subtle about my feelings for heeseung hyung from now on. i'll tell him when i'm ready, only then.

and with that, they continued their study session, an unknown future ahead of them both. maybe they didn't know back then, no, they definitely never imagined such things could happen to them. but a little warning wouldn't have hurt neither of them if those rumors hadn't spread out like wildfire. or that recording taken out of context.

guess meeting up near the uni wasn't that much of a good idea after all.

═══════ ≫ ♥ ≪ ════════

(*'︶'*)
hi
here's an update
a new chapter
hope you like cliffhangers sksks
pretty foreshadowing but i'm not witty enough to make it less obvious

i hope you enjoy this chapter!
i genuinely liked writing it
thank you everyone for the sweet 🤭 comments on my previous chapter
and thank you for 4k!
enjoy and feel
free to comment!
until next time~
-cnvrs<3