forty three

it was monday again, and jake hadn't seen much of heeseung, again

it was monday again, and jake hadn't seen much of heeseung, again. after he saw heeseung with jungwon the previous saturday, he was surprised by his boyfriend at the cafe on sunday during work hours.

but he wasn't alone, next to him was none other than jungwon, again.

don't get jake wrong, he knew how in love jungwon was with jay and vice versa, but the absence of heeseung in his daily life lately and how much his own thoughts made him suffer, he felt something strange. he was friends with jungwon, he knew jungwon, but he still felt jealous of him.

they ordered drinks and settled upstairs to talk, apparently there was a lot they had to say to each other. sunoo noticed how jake was a little tense but decided to stand back and let him have his space. he wasn't sure how jake would react to him meddling this time but he hoped heeseung knew what he was doing, sunoo would hate to see jake sad again.

during school, jake made sure he didn't bump into his boyfriend. he had decided he wouldn't expose himself again and wait for an explanation from heeseung, if there was one to begin with.

before his last class of the day, jake saw heeseung walking towards him looking at his phone and he panicked. heeseung hadn't seen him yet, so jake turned the direction of his class and started walking fast. he didn't even have to look but he was sure he felt heeseung's gaze follow him and maybe he also called out to him softly. it was so crowded jake didn't know for sure.

after his class, jake just ran out again and went to work, not even sparing a second glance to his boyfriend—whom he didn't notice was at the entrance—and wished for time to go faster so he could be in his comfortable bed soon.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

jake had plummeted into his bed monday night, exhausted both physically and emotionally. his head hadn't stopped making him overthink and the cafe was so busy due to how close it was to being valentine's day, he couldn't catch his breath all of his shift.

sunoo, riki and him had decorated the place a week before and it only lured in more customers. which was good for sales but definitely not for the poor part time students who got more tired by the second.

thanks to the sound of his alarm, jake woke up, washed up, fed sookie and made some breakfast for himself. it was still early so he checked his phone and saw no new notifications.

heeseung didn't text him all afternoon the day before. he put his phone in his black jean's pocket and went to put on a light blue denim, long sleeve, button-up and over it a light gray sweater. his eyes were tired so he decided to take his glasses and went to school, very much unaware of what was to happen to him that day.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

jake knew from the get go that something was different that day. he saw many couples walking together to uni, in school he noticed the mood was lovey-dovey and by the end of his classes, he went to his locker and opened it to find it stuffed with letters and some candies.