𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

the first stop they had planned was a restaurant, for brunch

the first stop they had planned was a restaurant, for brunch. they ordered and ate happily, talking and teasing each other here and there. once they finished eating jake remembered he carried chapstick with him, seeming that heeseung's lips were sore from too much loving, if you know what i mean, he took it out from his coat.

"heeseung hyung, stay still for a little bit" jake said as he stood up from his seat to get near heeseung's face.

he did as told and stayed still, not knowing exactly what jake was going to do but trusting him either way.

"part your lips a bit, please" jake stated, and heeseung did as told again, but now he was getting a little jittery.

jake uncovered the chapstick and applied it carefully on heeseung's lips. the latter felt his face tickle from the closeness, the feeling of jake's lips still fresh in his memory. jake also inched his face closer to the older's to get a better look, so much so that heeseung could feel jake's breath occasionally. when jake finished, he stepped back and grinned broadly to the other. meanwhile, heeseung was still in a daze and his face turned a slight shade of pink.

just then, the waiter arrived with the bill, and heeseung was quick to take it to pay.

"hyung! last time we ate together you said i could pay next time. it's already next time!" jake retorted.

"hmmm, did i? i must be having amnesia, or i didn't say so" heeseung said teasingly.

"yes! you did! so let me pay"

jake tried to grab the bill but heeseung pulled it closer to himself, not letting jake take it. clearly frustrated, jake stood up and cornered heeseung on the chair while trying to take the bill, and after a little give and take, he finally grabbed it. but it couldn't be right!

it was not a bill but a receipt! heeseung had paid in advance for what they would eat, since he had made the reservation and now jake really couldn't pay.

"you're incredible heeseung hyung"

"no need to thank me jaeyunie~ but if you must, i accept kisses as payment" heeseung smirked at jake, making the younger even more irked.

"ha! i meant that you're insufferable! we should split the bill evenly, hyung"

heeseung changed his smirk to a gentle smile and said, "i remember what you said about how you enjoy treating your friends with food whenever you can. but the thing is, we're not just friends, and me treating you to a meal is a way of showing you that i don't want to be just friends..."

jake hovered over heeseung, standing in front of him, while heeseung was still sitting down. jake liked how straightforward heeseung was, even if he didn't fully express what he had in mind he still made it clear enough without leaving space for misunderstandings.

"then... you want to be my super duper best friend?" jake teased.

heeseung stood up slowly, towering a little over jake who took a small step backwards because of the proximity.