forty

"I love these freckles jaeyunie, they look so pretty on you," heeseung said to a shy jake

"I love these freckles jaeyunie, they look so pretty on you," heeseung said to a shy jake. the couple was lying in bed the first morning of the year. jake was basically trapped inside heeseung's embrace and still half asleep but very much blushing.

"what're you saying so early in the morning... let's continue sleeping heeseung hyung," jake slurred his words unaware of having used the honorifics. like it was said before, he was still half asleep.

"hyung?" heeseung asked. jake stayed unusually still after the question which caused heeseung to giggle a little. jake opened one eye slightly and let a tiny smile creep on his face. he proceeded to snuggle closer inside heeseung's arms and bury his face against his chest.

in a muffled voice he said, "heeseungie~ my heeseungie~ you know i love you~."

heeseung laughed a little and kissed the top of his snuggly boyfriend's head.

"yes, i do."

the rest of the day went by rather quickly. the couple showered ona after the other and went downstairs to a prepared breakfast from jiho and james. once it started to become noon, jake announced to his parents they had to get going since heeseung still had to return the car to his brother and he worked the next day.

"heesung, my man, come here," chris shook heeseung's hand and gave him a manly hug, "it was a pleasure to finally meet you, i hope my little brother treats you well, and i hope you treat him well too. and remember, phone ready to send me embarrassing jaeyun moments."

"of course hahaha, it was great meeting you," heeseung said a bit shy.

they bid their goodbyes and started their journey back home, sookie clearly itching to go back home. haesong and his girlfriend were there already when they arrived to jake's apartment building and chatted with them for a bit before taking their leave. the moment they entered the apartment jake fell on the couch and let out a huge sigh.

"everything alright jaeyunie?"

"myeah, just a little tired. emotionally. i didn't remember my brother being such an extrovert. am i becoming introverted? i don't even know anymore..." jake said.

"you're one of the most extroverted people i have ever met jaeyunie, but i get what you mean. your brother is a whole different extroverted type."

"right? but i was fine growing up! ah! i know what happened," jake got up and stood behind the couch, across from heeseung, "i'm starting to become more like you, the most introverted person i've ever met."

jake laughed, he knew what he was getting himself into but he liked teasing his boyfriend.

"oh really?" heeseung said with a big threatening smile on his face, "so you're blaming me?"

"yes, you're to blame. i used to be able to save my energies and talk all day, but now i can't." jake said smiling, too.

"well, that's too bad. cause remember, you're stuck with me, there's no take-backs. unless you've changed your mind?"