𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓷𝓮

⚠️ :long. ass. chapter.

it wasn't until the next day of school that jake 'exploded'

it wasn't until the next day of school that jake 'exploded'. somehow, the video incident came back to life after being forgotten in the uni for weeks, but what was worse is that people started asking jake directly about it.

it was fine, jake found it funny how some of them felt so embarrassed when he answered them with the truth. except that by the end of the day jake had grown tired of the looks and questioning so he announced loud and clear in front of everybody leaving.

"hi everyone! just a quick statement! i am not dating anyone, alright? I AM NOT DATING ANY FOREIGNER! ok? is that clear? please spread the word" he turned to leave mumbling "seeming that you all are so good at it" and then opened the gate to walk out when he saw lee heeseung right in front of him.

jake just realized how loud he had been, and from the look heeseung had, he seemed to have been about to walk inside the building. he also looked shocked.

he heard me, didn't he?

jake waited a second before he said hi to the older. he noticed heeseung's face was starting to turn pink and his eyes traveled from his hands to jake's face.

is he going to say something to me?

jake waited. i swear jake waited for a solid minute before saying anything. but he needed answers and heeseung seemed too indecisive to say anything.

"heeseung hyung" jake started, but then waited a few more seconds before pressing a bit farther, "is there something you want to say?"

heeseung looked like he had found what he was looking for. but then just swallowed thick and looked down at his hands again.

any other day, at any other time, jake would've waited patiently for heeseung to answer. but that day in that exact moment, jake had no patience left in him to keep on waiting for heeseung.

"you know, heeseung hyung, this past weeks i thought long and hard if i was making you uncomfortable in any way, so i respected your space and waited for some sort of explanation as to why you started avoiding me. you could have just asked me if i was dating finn and i would have told you i wasn't. but i can't believe you didn't. i really thought..." jake looked away and then continued, "i thought you might have liked me too"

jake felt really hurt. heeseung didn't utter a word, too caught up in the new information and how dumb he felt. he just looked at jake, his eyebrows knit together in worry, mouth slightly agape. jake had had enough of waiting, so he walked around heeseung and practically ran to his apartment.

he'd call in sick and spend the afternoon watching tv with sookie in his lap, caressing her until she started purring. because yeah, jake had found out the kitten was a female not long ago.

he also had the energy to bake a little bit past 6 pm, and he turned up the volume of his favorite jb songs to avoid thinking too much. he really thought he needed a break from all the emotions.