𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

the following morning, jay walked jungwon to school again

the following morning, jay walked jungwon to school again. the younger had received a couple of calls from his parents, a few from his mom and one from his dad, and his dad also left him a voice mail.

"jungwonie, i am deeply sorry for how i behaved and my lack of protection as your father. i have calmed down your mom for now, and i trust that you're with someone who cares for you. i love you, son"

he felt conflicted, not knowing if he could trust what his dad had said, so he decided not to tell jay about it. upon arriving, jay couldn't walk in the school since he didn't have a uniform, but he still stayed to see him off. just when he was about to leave, he spotted a tall guy run inside the building, and his face seemed oddly familiar.

in the afternoon, jungwon had dance practice, so he tried to get there as fast as possible. he had been watched by the guys that had bothered and hurt him the day before, so he tried not to encounter them. but, of course, that was not what was going to happen.

"your boyfie came today to escort you, huh? afraid, is he? that we might do something to you?" one of them said, and the rest laughed. like it was funny.

"you've been watching me, haven't you? you're a little obsessed with me for a straight homophobic dude" jungwon spat, his mouth going faster than his brain.

the comment jungwon did was enough to anger them plenty, and they started cracking their knuckles and neck. so extra. they were behind the school building and they had cornered jungwon into the wall. he couldn't stop thinking about how stupid they all were, instead of meeting him somewhere else where no teacher or other student could see.

and he was absolutely right to think so. before anything went down, nishimura riki had run into one of the biggest guys from the gang. riki barely even stepped back but the guy had fallen flat in his butt.

"oh. sorry. in a hurry" riki said as he was about to leave, until he noticed yang jungwon, whom he knew because he was friends with kim sunoo.

"sunoo's friend? why are you here?"

"huh? you know kim sunoo?" riki nodded, "i was trying to go to dance practice when these baboons cornered me here because they have a crush on me" jungwon finished, a smug look on his face. one of them, the one who fell, turned red and started screaming.

"a crush on you?! that's disgusting!!! we're only teaching you a lesson for being a mutt!"

riki frowned hard at this. from his perspective, loving did not have gender. for him, loving was not disgusting. so he became angered and lowered his voice to a deep sound, and said intimidatingly:

"if you ever so much as think in such a disgraceful way about someone else's love, i will not stand for it. japanese are good at fighting, you know?"

"go back to your country, you nutter!" one of then yelled. riki scoffed.