𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓲𝔁

it was half past nine when jake woke up, feeling incredibly better

it was half past nine when jake woke up, feeling incredibly better. he glanced around his room and saw that sookie was lying at his feet, sleeping. his room was mormal, except for two things: there was a smell of herbs all around and heeseung was asleep with his back on the bed, an open book in his lap and his phone a few inches from his hand on the floor.

jake got up somehow without making any noise and went to the kitchen to drink water. he felt his face and didn't feel as hot as he was earlier. he then felt his stomach and felt his hands were a little cold, some seconds later, his belly rumbled. he was hungry.

and he was totally craving some ramyeon. he started preparing everything to do it when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist from the back. then came a raspy whisper.

"jaeyunie, why aren't you in bed? you should be resting"

"heeseung hyung... i-i'm hungry, so i was only going to cook some ramyeon–"

"you should have woken me, jaeyunie. i'll cook it for you, so go lie down"

"no, no. i can do it, i'm all better" but jake was surprised by heeseung's lips on the back of his neck, feeling his skin more than an actual kiss.

"you're fever isn't gone yet, go rest jaeyunie"

all the heartbeats one could feel in their body were going at maximum speed on jake's body. his ears and face were burning red, his heart went crazy and his legs faltered. and none of this was because of the fever.

"i don't want to lie in bed anymore. my back hurts from being like that all day"

"really? your back hurts?"

jake nodded and unexpectedly felt the pair of arms unwrap him and start caressing his back, easing the pain. he had to grab on to the kitchen counter for support, except his legs were the ones needing support. he felt as if they would give up on him any second now.

"your legs feel weak, don't they?"

"huh? wha– how did you know?"

"it's normal when you're sick, and it just proves you still need to rest. if you don't want to lie down then maybe sit at the couch? i'll do the ramyeon"

jake gave in and walked to the living room, so he only walked eight steps. heeseung ran to the room and came back with a warm blanket and a pillow. he walked up to jake and wrapped him in the blanket, then put the pillow on the back of his head.

"are you comfortable?"

jake nodded. heeseung sat and turned on the TV.

"want to keep on watching 24 20?"

oh. i had stopped watching it because it reminded me of heeseung hyung.

"yes, please"

heeseung played it for him and went back to the kitchen to finish the ramyeon. if there was something he had learned from jay's cooking was how to make a superb ramyeon.

and sure enough, half an hour later jake was savoring it, feeling like his mouth was tasting the best ramyeon he had ever had. heeseung was ecstatic to see him eating so well.

"is it good?"

"good? it's splendid! exquisite! so delicious!" jake wiped his lips with a napkin before continuing, "this is better than the one we had at your cousin's restaurant, no offense"

"none taken. i'm glad you liked it so, jaeyunie"

"where did that come from though? jaeyunie?"

heeseung shrugged.

"it just felt nice to say. and i like how your ears become more red everytime i say jaeyunie"

jake covered his ears in embarrassment.

"look at you, being all flirty with a poor sick person. you've no mercy"

heeseung laughed wholeheartedly, and jake continued talking.

"seriously! you catch me by surprise at the exact moment when i'm most vulnerable! like the kiss! i couldn't believe you had done it"

"huh? but you kissed me!"

"what? no i didn't. i kissed you back"

they stayed frozen, staring at each other, for a couple of seconds.

"you kissed me first, jaeyunie"

"nuh-huh. wasn't me" heeseung laughed at this.

"then who was it? the other jake? you kissed me first, it was way too quick but i remember it clearly. i wouldn't have kissed you afterwards on my own accord, i'm too much of a coward. your kiss gave me the resolve i needed to give that big step"

jake then covered his mouth, his eyes opened wide.

"oh no, heeseung hyung"

"what? does something hurt? did the ramyeon not sit well with your stomach? are you nauseous?" jake chuckled at this.

"wow, no. that's not it. but, um, what if i passed my illness to you last night?"

"ahh, i doubt it. i would have been bed ridden since this morning if that was the case. i usually get hard fevers. i actually think your body is pretty strong, you endured all morning even though you were already having symptoms"

jake felt shy all of a sudden. he remembered his mom, and how very worried she would be if she found out he had caught a fever out of the blue. and how she would blame his work. he was glad heeseung helped him and his parents weren't called.

heeseung cleared the table and washed the dishes quickly before joining jake on the couch. at first, they sat next to each other, only their shoulders touching. some time later jake had his head leaning on heeseung's shoulder.

at some point, they were so immersed in the series they didn't notice they were cuddling: heeseung had his arms around jake's shoulders, jake was basically lying on him, his head rested on his chest, and they shared the blanket. it was so comfortable for them both that they drifted to sleep a quarter before 11 p.m.

sometime before midnight though, jake woke up to go to the bathroom and went back to the living room to get heeseung on his bed. he was half asleep and so was heeseung, so they both lied in jake's bed, cuddling again, and kept on sleeping peacefully. jake had a nice dream that night, were he was surrounded by chrysanthemum and heeseung stood in front of him, their hands holding the other's, and the sky was a nice maroon color with a hint of pink and dark blue.

═══════ ≫ ♥ ≪ ════════

(*''*)
hello lovelies~
i give you a short but cute update
i'm feeling soft
hope you like it!
feel free to comment and vote! 🥰
-cnvrs<3