𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒

the taste heeseung had described to jake was exactly what they had just eaten

the taste heeseung had described to jake was exactly what they had just eaten. jake was not disappointed. not in the very least. they shared a delicious meal and a long, heartening conversation, so there was no way one could feel disappointed.

that's what jake thought all the way back to his apartment building. but then it was time for heeseung to go home, it was chilly outside and heeseung only wore a light sweater. he didn't know exactly why, but jake didn't want to say goodbye so soon.

"you know what would make this day even better, heeseung hyung?"

"a nice, warm, long nap?"

jake pouted. heeseung smiled.

"no, not really"

"what would make this day even better for you jakey?"

thump. jake was eager.

"chocolate brownies!"

"ah, what should i do? now you're making me crave some" heeseung's mouth started to water, it did seem like something that would make that day even better. was jake insinuating they should go buy some?

"perfect. wanna come and make some brownies with me? i have everything in my kitchen already!"

heeseung softened at the sight of a very excited jake. baking together? that's what was on the table? because heeseung was up. for. it.

"that sounds amazing"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

if it wasn't for jake's deep knowledge on how to bake the best brownies ever, heeseung would have ruined the ingredients. not because he was an awful cook, but having jake so close all the time and hands touching every two seconds, he was a mess. so jake gave him the simple tasks, like buttering the recipient they would use to bake and preheating the oven at the right temperature.

jake didn't suspect anything though, he just thought heeseung was incredibly clumsy when baking. so when heeseung insisted he helped him do something more, he was almost too adamant about it, but for some reason he couldn't say no to heeseung's big doe eyes.

so he watched carefully every move heeseung made, repeating the instructions whenever there was a twinge of hesitation on the older's face. guess jake was good at reading his expressions sometimes. just sometimes.

the batter for the brownies was ready to put in the oven. they just needed to pour it in the recipient heeseung had buttered before. and that is what he was doing, he was pouring it carefully, so as to not waste a single drop. jake had other plans tho.

before heeseung knew it, jake had snuck a finger into the falling brown batter and smeared it on his left cheek. then jake snuck away, to the other side of the table.